Saturday, January 6, 2024

Hello 2024...

Good morning blogland 

And a very Happy New Year to you all!

I'm here with my first DT card of the year and it's for the new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' with everyone from both Teams welcome to play along and the theme is 'What's new with you?'  Which basically means New Year - new things. Whether that is new stash, new technique, new job, new house, new baby - just something new!

As I don't know anyone doing any of the physical 'new' things and I don't need any New Year cards, I went with new stash and also New Years promise to self (I don't do New Year Resolutions - too much pressure  and then the disappointment when I break them 3 weeks in, well!).

So the new stash - it's the dies I used; the New Year promise - to use my smaller physical stamps.  I have drawers and drawers full of rubber stamps a lot of which just don't work on the top fold 5x7" cards that I make in a fairly clean lined style - stamps are too small! Whilst surfing sales I saw Craft Stash dies in American sized A2 landscape and portrait sets to make the base card and with additional shapes to create the front as well - only £9.99 each - who could resist.  Perfect thinks me - little diddy sized cards for little diddy sized stamps! 

I know I won't get that much use out of the fancy shapes - I don't think - but the card bases and the square / rectangle shapes, those I will use!  I also got the matching envelope die set, I'm terrible at measuring and cutting and thought it sounded like a quick fix just die-cutting the shape out.

This, therefore, is my card - whaddya think??


Supplies used:

Rubber stamps:
Lilli of the Valley - Party Girl
(although mine is the rubber stamp version so old that they don't sell it anymore!)
coloured with Copics
taylored expressions - simple strips: Birthday

Dies used:
Creative Craft Products - A2 Landscape Card die set
Creative Craft Products - envelope set
taylored expressions - simple strips: asymmetrical

Papers:
First Edition - Dreamcatcher

Anything else:
coloured card for matting / layering
scrap of ribbon

Oh, and the diary is new as well!  Another thing I'm going to get right this year is being on time with DT cards and also I need to keep track of what days I'm working - so a new diary was called for! 

There that's my first post of the New Year - I'm going to be back sooner than you think!

Sarah

Challenge/s:


Time Out Challenges: Challenge #254 - New

Creative Inspiration Challenges: #10 - Anything Goes

Little Red Wagon: Challenge #737 - What's New


13 comments:

  1. I think it looks fabulous Sarah, the size does work well with the smaller stamps that tend to get a bit lost on bigger cards, love the sweet image, brought to life by your amazing colouring, and your lovely design.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Craft Stash and they are actually my "go to" shop if I need any crafty stuff these days. a gorgeous card with your new die, wonderful colouring as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and image beautifully coloured and love the p,paper and new diary.I don;t have a diary but I have 3 journals and 2 notebooks lol.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Sarah, I love the layout of your design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet sweet card, Sarah. Thanks for joining us @ Little Red Wagon this week and we hope to see you back again often in 2024 !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty Sarah. You little girl is just adorable. So beautifully coloured and what a superb background too. I don't do 5 x 7's much - usually American sized A2 so this is perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really pretty card Sarah. Love all the layers and your colouring is amazing as always. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise, DT x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great buy - perfect size for your stamped image which is beautifully coloured.

    Thanks for joining us at the Krafty Chicks Challenge.

    Helen x
    Guest Chick

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful card Sarah! I love your colouring as it really brings this sweet little image to life and the layers of papers work wonderfully!! I agree - so many great little stamps we forget to use. I should promise myself the same thing!! :) :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges! Have a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully coloured and perfect layering of pretty papers! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That girl is colored so beautiful! And with the shapes it is a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah