Sunday, December 31, 2023

Goodbye 2023.....

 Hello 2024!

Good afternoon blogland,

I know I'm probably posting this to a completely empty space while you are all off out celebrating the incipient arrival of 2024.  We, however in Chez Sarah, are very boring at New Year (well to be fair we are boring most of the year - so New Year makes no difference!) and treat it as just another day in the life of Sarah and family.

So I'm here to catch up with my final card of the year - it's my All Dressed Up Facebook Challenge inspiration.  Probably you're all too busy celebrating New Year to squeeze in a card in the final hours of the challenge, but I felt like waffling so here I am!  I wonder if it's getting old that starts you sitting down and thinking??!!


Supplies used:

Digital Stamp:
All Dressed Up - Christmas Post
coloured with my Copics

Dies used:
unbranded stitched rectangle set
Creative Obsessions - Sue Wilson: Festive Collection

Embossing folder:
Do-crafts - Snowflakes

Anything else:
sparkle card
red cardstock


Funny isn't it - who celebrates what?  Growing up my family (parents and older sister) went all out on Christmas and almost totally ignored New Year.  On my moving out and in with boyfriend who later became1st hubby it all changed to Christmas bleugh, but New Year - whey-hey!!  Then again he was Scottish and Hogmanay meant a lot to him!Then fast forward to single again and meeting current other half - he (and his family) it was both Christmas and New Year that were celebrated equally.  

Now, another considerable amount of time has gone, we went through Christmas being important for TTT when she was little and New Year was bleugh.  Now both holidays are rather bleugh if you ask me! I'm not Grinch-y or anti-fun at New Year - they just seem to pass by in a weeks' worth of sleeping in and not doing much.  

Whereas me - I'd like to be out doing something!  One of these years I'm going to try being on holiday over the Christmas / New Year period - see if that is what does it for me!  I'd love to see New York at Christmas and New Year - it always looks fabulous in films and on TV!

Anyhooo, there you go that's my little meander of the mind done.

I hope that 2023 closes well for everyone and for those of you to whom 2023 was the year from Hell best wishes and sincere hopes that 2024 is better.

Happy New Year!

Sarah


2 comments:

  1. Love your card and cute images.We are boring too and don't celebrate New Year as you say it's just another day,and since Grandchildren have grown up and it's just transfer money to my bank please and added hubbys health problems -Christmas is going the same way too-that said Happy New Year to you all and we can but hope it's better than last year!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sarah, fantastic colouring as always!
    A happy New Year to you and your family.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah