Sunday, July 9, 2023

Round, like a circle

Good evening blogland,

An unusual time for me to be posting, but I'm here for two reasons, one, to join in with a challenge and, two, to show off my TTT in her prom dress.

So the card I made this weekend, I'm still in a bit of an experimental mood and I was trying splattering again.  I've still not got the hang of it, I ended up with more 'splodge' than 'splatter'. I was also trying to  use a square stencil on a round card and I couldn't quite work out how to get it right - things kept moving and the stencil wasn't centred on the card. Hmmm, frustrations ensued! 


I also took a close up of the background, to try and catch the sparkle - not sure it worked too well!


Supplies used:

Rubber stamp:
Image:
Stamping Bella - tiny townie: Brianna the Butterfly
coloured with my Copics

Sentiment:
taylored expressions - Simple Strips: Background

Dies:
Creative Craft Products - Nestables: circles die set
taylored expressions - Simple Strips: Asymetrical

Anything else:
My Favorite Things: stencil - Sunrise Radiating Rays
Cosmic Shimmer - Pearlescent
Memento DewDrop Ink

On a personal note - I've been banging on about TTT (The Terrible Teen, otherwise known as my daughter) who took her GCSEs this year, turned 16 in June, finished her last year at Grammar School and had her Year 11 Prom this month.  These are a few pictures of her (and her friends) at the Year 11 Prom.  We are, probably, getting closer to sorting out 6th Form, but it all hinges on her exam results and the school's final decision on what courses they are going to offer. So still mildly stressed  but not totally stressed as we were in late June!

Pictures:


TTT (or Emily!) in her party dress - with her birthday balloons in the background


With her friends (some of them she went to Nursery with and has known since she was two!)


This is her before she went - fully equipped with gloves, bag and shawl


Outside the Hotel where they had their meal and party

I think that's probably enough of the pictures now, so I'll stop and leave you in peace!

Cheerio,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers: Week 697 - Shaped Cards

Happy Little Stampers: HLS Stencil Challenge July - Anything Goes

Gem of a Craft Challenge: Week 14 - Anything Goes

Crafty Catz; #645 Anything Goes (optional twist - more than one fold)

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #671 - Stamp Act


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Sarah and your daughter looked absolutely gorgeous I hope she had a lovely time hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous circle card Sarah. I love the fun SB image and your colouring is fantastic as always. Your background and splatter look beautiful to me. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
    I know I saw Emily's dress on IG but have to say again how beautiful she looked. Her ensemble is very elegant too x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sarah, love the circular shape, I think the stencilling looks great and that's such a pretty stamp.
    The photos of Emily and her friends are beautiful- they all look amazing . I hope Emily gets the results she needs and the school provides the right courses for her. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and gorgeous image-the stencilling looks perfect to me .Love all the pics of Emily and her friends they all look beautiful
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card and colours. Fabulous photographs all looking beautiful. hanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a wonderful card Sarah, sparkles and splatters look brilliant, as does your excellent colouring. Emily looks so grown up and gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a gorgeous card and your daughter looks so pretty in her 'posh frock' lol thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well for all your struggles with the splatters and circles vs squares, I believe your card is striking and well done! Yes capturing sparkle in a picture is difficult. Beautiful daughter and great pics! Thank you so much for joining us at The Happy Little Stencil Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah