Saturday, July 8, 2023

It's all gone a little flowery!

Hello blogland

So here we are again for another Saturday, I'm finding it hard to believe how quickly this year is passing.  Though to be fair it's been a fairly busy year for us, so maybe it's not so surprising life is spinning by!

Reason for this post is it's time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' Challenge with the challenge this fortnight being 'Flowers / Blooming Beautiful' - so anything that includes flowers, whether that is a single bloom or a whole garden of the things! As always we are a 'for fun' challenge so no prizes, other than the kudos of being a Top Three, and no restrictions on what you can enter - other then there has to be stamping somewhere on your project.

Now, I'm not that big on flowers - can admire them on other peoples cards - but they're not really me. Notwithstanding that - here's my attempts, yes there are two! One is a card I made quite awhile ago (I used it as I thought I was going to run out of time to make a card) and the other I made late at night in a bit of a panic.

Card one:


alternate view:


Supplies used:

Rubber stamps:
Altenew - Inked Lotus
taylored expressions - Big Thanks

Anything else:
Cosmic Shimmer
indentez embossing folder
embossing powder

Card Two:


Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
 Alex Syberia - Summer Bouquet
coloured with Distress Ink and Copics

Rubber stamp:
taylored expressions - Simple Strips: Background

Dies:
un-branded stitched rectangle
taylored expressions - Simple Strips: Well Rounded

Anything else:
Distress Inks
Liquid Pearls

And that's me being all flowery, folks!
I'll be back again soon - the Year 11 Prom happened so I have pictures to share of TTT, but until then Cheerio!

Sarah

Challenge/s:

For Card one:
Allsorts Challenge: Week 736 - Enbossing Folders
Simply Clean & Simple: Clean & Simple (first challenge) optional theme.  I hope the card fits the challenge interpretation of CaS - I thought my Card 2 might be too busy? 
The Flower Challenge: #82 CAS - Again I thought Card 2 too busy for the challenge.



For Card two:
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: Anything Goes with Flowers (optional mood board) #6
Let's Craft and Create: Challenge #197 - Anything Goes + Flowers
Tic Tac Toe Challenge: TTTC216 - Middle Row (Layers / CAS / Stamping)



12 comments:

  1. We I think you have embraced floral very well Sarah!! these are gorgeous cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful cards but must admit I love the first one
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful floral cards Sarah, so different from your usual style. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah your blue bouquet is stunning - I love how you highlighted your single rose in bold blue to great effect. Thanks for playing with us over at Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping back to say thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week with your beautiful card and for choosing to use the Embossing Folder option. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards, Sarah. I do like the lotus and it's golden hue. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts and using the embossing folder option, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Floral and elegant, prettily done, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week and using the embossing folder option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are beautiful!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple and Beautiful Blossoms.
    Diane SCAS Co-Owner and BB DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Simply Clean & Simple}
    {Triple B}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty cards, I love the simplicity of the Blue card. Thanks for supporting us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully designed! Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Clean & Simple Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards here Sarah, thanks for sharing with us over at The Flower Challenge ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah