Sunday, July 16, 2023

Just hanging

Hello blogland,

Well, didn't that week whoosh by! I think it might have something to do with feeling like this year is just disappearing quicker than I can blink, a side effect of aging I wonder? Anyways, I couldn't really tell you what we've done in the last week - it's just gone. I did however carve out some 'me' time yesterday to do some colouring and this is the result. 

I've had the image printed off for ages (sitting with others in my 'waiting to be coloured draw') but hadn't got round to colouring in.  It took my fancy yesterday, so a very pleasant couple of hours were had with my Copics!  

I wasn't in the mood for making cards as such, just colouring, so it's another one of my 'paired back' style cards.  I often wonder these days when I'm going to get round to using up all the 'card-making' supplies I've got hoarded away. You know what I mean - the paper pads, flowers, gems, embellishments, twine, ribbon and so on! When all I really seem to want to do is colour and cut out the finished panel. Oh well, I've had 'phases' before, no doubt this one shall pass too!


Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
Lee Holland Art - Cute Monkey
coloured with Copics

Rubber stamps:
taylored expressions - Simple Strips: Friendship

Dies:
taylored expressions - Simple Strips: Asymmetrical
un-branded stitched rectangle

So there we go folks, not so much to report at the moment, but hopefully it won't be a week before I'm back again!

See you all later,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers: Week 698 - Go Wild! Wild animal, rather than wild colours!

The Cutie Pie Challenge: #184 - Simply Cuties (CAS)

Worldwide Crafters and Colourists: Challenge #7 - Anything Goes






8 comments:

  1. Great CAS card and love the cute hanging monkey-when I read your post title I thought you meant you had a hangover lol. I know just what you mean I have a container full of ribbon and can't remember the last time I used any? My sprays are all neatly lined up and probably dried up from lack of use.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous image Sarah and beautifully coloured hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, Sarah. I love the fun scene you’ve created. I think I’ve got enough craft stash hoarded to last several lifetimes. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've managed to capture such fabulous texture on this sweet monkey, Sarah and super CAS design too...
    Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute monkey- fabulous colouring, love the clean design. I think we all go through phases- and probably all have far too much 'stuff'' we don't use. Fashions come and go- I think the CAS look is really popular just now, which is great for someone who colours as beautifully as you do!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous image and card design. Thanks for sharing at Passion For Markers this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing card Sarah. I love the fun monkey just hanging around. Your colouring and texture is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
    p.s. I think we could all open our own craft stores but only use about 1% of it lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An adorable card Sarah, perfect for The Cuties too xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah