Tuesday, July 18, 2023

A Beach Day

Good afternoon blogland,

I just realised a very short time ago that I haven't done my July New Release post for All Dressed Up Stamps - oh dear, really, as my mum used to say, would forget my head if it wasn't screwed on! Or more likely, as TBDH, says I need a list!

So I'm not going to waffle on, just get straight to the point and share the card!

Don't forget, though, if you want to see more of the other releases for July, or join in the current challenge (for which I will be sharing my card soon) head on over to the ADU Facebook Group or, if you don't Facebook, over to the Blog.

Here's my card:


Supplies used:
Digital stamp:
All Dressed Up - Pineapple Floatie
coloured with Copics

Rubber sentiment stamp:
taylored expressions - Small Strips: Friendship

Dies:
Creative Expressions - Noble Collection: Double Stitched Squares
taylored expressions - Small Strips: Asymmetrical

When TTT saw this she asked if I was trying to make it look like the girl was in the middle of a storm - good guess, but no! To explain - I'd just watched Celebrity Portrait Artist of the Year, where for some reason all the artists took pictures of the sitter on their phones or iPads, even though they were going to be infront of them all the time, and were painting from those.  The celebrity whose portrait won had painted the sitter in colour in the image on his phone (and included his thumb holding the phone!) in the forefront then painted the sitter in black and white in the background.  Not sure if I've explained that well, but I really like the effect he created and the portrait itself.

Now this is no celebrity portrait but I liked the idea of some of the card in black and white with the rest in full colour. I might well do something similar again - use either the spotlight technique or some monochrome and the rest colour, I really do like the effect.

See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

As You Like it Challenge: Favourite thing to do on a holiday (beach or not) and why?  Well, to be honest, beach holidays don't do it for me - we live 5 mins away from a beach and what's that saying? Familiarity breads contempt? I'd much rather do a City break - we don't have any big shops here - the closest is 45mins away, and I do like to shop! However, if I had to go on a beach holiday - ever seen the ads for straw huts over clear blue water? That'd be me!!

Dream Valley Challenges: Challenge #297 - Dies and/or punches

Inspiration Station: July 2023 - #51 Well it may not be a ball - but a floatie I think is fairly close and there's the water water = sea, sea = beach! Following my train of thought, yet?! I hope so!!





7 comments:

  1. I get it and your interpretation looks fabulous Sarah. Thanks you for sharing at AYLI too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute image and the love the technique your created with the background.I make cryptic list and instrudtions then have no idea what on earth they mean lol.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Sarah fab colouring and lovely scene hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is so cute¡ This is a very tender card, how cute the background looks!
    Haideelum
    Corrosive Challenge Blog https://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great technique youʻve used! Wonderful card. Thanks so much for joining us over at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet image, coloring and card! Thanks for playing along at the Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great setting for a lovely image.

    Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah