Friday, June 16, 2023

Music to dance to

Hello blogland,

I've made another card and for no reason! No DT, no particular birthday / occasion / person. Just made to have fun colouring in the image and putting a card together.

And here it is:


Supplies used:

Digital Stamps:
Lili of the Valley - Funky Flares
coloured with my Copics

Sentiment also Lili of the Valley - Everything's Better

Rubber stamp:
Autumn Leaves - swirls v.2 by Rhonna Farrer

Dies:
unbranded DL (slimline) stitched rectangle

I Googled 1970's fashion to get an idea of what colour to do the trousers - I didn't fancy colouring another pair of jeans - and my goodness it was a colourful decade, wasn't it! No wonder it's called the decade that fashion forgot. Though I have to say the fashion of my decade - the 80's - could be just as bad!

I can also report that TTT did her last GCSEs today - Physics and Geography - that's it all done! Now we have to wait until the 24th August for results, then we see if she got good enough results to get into Sixth Form. Hopefully it'll be a 'shoo-in' - the lowest grade she's predicted is a 7 and the highest a 9. Fingers crossed, eh!

I took a picture or two of her on her last day - I may share later, but I'd have to ask her first if it's OK.

Other than that - whose still enjoying the good weather? I am!

Aaaand that's about it for now,
I'll pop off now and be back later,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers: Week 694 - Clean and Simple

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #668 - Clean and Simple

Crafty Catz: #642 - Anything Goes (optional twist - fun)

As You Like It Challenge: Favourite Non-Birthday Occasion (and why). I like to make cards with 'Open' sentiments if they aren't for a Birthday. So I suppose, 'Just because I was thinking of you' cards? Don't know how else to describe them!

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Sarah. Great image, beautifully coloured, as usual.
    I had to smile when I read that you Googled the fashion of the 70s.... I remember it well! 🤣 Those trousers look like 'loons' to me ..... tight down to the knees and then they flared out. My favourite pair were bright blue.
    I'm sure you're relieved that the GCSEs are over, I'm sure that TTT has done well. Everything crossed for her. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulopus card and sentiment love the fashion image-60's was my era lol,eldest grandaughter has finished her last exams and last day at school yesterday-time passes so quickly!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Sarah and fab LOTV image..I remember the 70's well LOL. I bet you're glad TTT's GCSE's are over and I'm sure she will have done so well hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning image and sentiment for this CAS design. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card and it looks like you got the colours just right!! I wasn't really of an age to be into the fashions of the decade. But what I do I remember of the 70's was denim skirts and cheesecloth blouses and nylon bed sheets at my grandmas...yuk!! Fingers crossed for some good results for TTT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colouring of a fab CAS Card thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz & Passion for Markers

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Sarah. The image is so much fun and your colouring is fantastic. Love the colour choices and large sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
    I'm an 80's girl and loved the fashion back in the day but looking back now it was dodgy to say the least lol! Glad your daughter's exams are over x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous CAS card Sarah, love the background and bold text, as well as your superb colouring. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my what a wonderful card she is rocking her 70's flares, fabulous colouring,
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week we hope you will join us again
    Happy crafting
    Bridget CCDT

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah