Saturday, April 15, 2023

Variations on a theme

 Good morning blogland,

It's Saturday and Team Wends' turn for the new challenge at Sweet Stampin' - this fortnight the theme is Clean and Simple (CaS). As always this is a stamping challenge - so there has to some stamping (digital or rubber) on your project somewhere. Doesn't have to be a card and doesn't have to have colouring, just stamping.

So, as I'm sure you long time bloggy friends (if I have any left after my lacklustre performance so far this year!) will know I'm rather enamoured of the CaS style.  I like it almost as much as I love colouring, so I've popped up two cards for this challenge. One I would consider my 'pared back style' and one more classic CaS.

Cards:

Paired back style:


Supplies Used:

Digital stamp:
Saturated Canary - '60/'70 Decades fashion (there are two images and I used one)
unfortunately Krista closed her etsy shop closed so I don't know where you'd get this image anymore.
Coloured with my Copics

Rubber stamp:
taylored expressions - Simple Strips: Birthday

Dies:
taylored expressions - Simple Strips: Well rounded
un-branded stitched rectangle

Anything else:
scraps of patterned paper

More traditional Clean and Simple:


Supplies used:
 
Rubber stamp:
Catherine Pooler - All Around Wishes

Dies:
Whimsy Stamps - 'Birthday' word and shadow die

Anything else:
My Favorite Thing Stencil - Wonky Dots
Cosmic Shimmer - Victorian Gold

I like both the CaS styles and probably my favourite is with colouring (as I love to colour, I might have mentioned that) but the 'proper' CaS really does get my brain thinking and I enjoy that as well.

Why not pop over to the challenge and see what fabulous cards my Teamies have made as well - and they are fabulous!

Right well I'm off now to do some stretching as, not only did I get Covid recently (from which I've totally recovered thankfully), I've also now done something to my back from lugging wood effect tiles around!  We are having our dining / sitting room re-skimmed and painted with a new tile floor being laid next month.  The new tiles we ordered were delivered to the drive but not brought in - so me and hubby have lugged 100mm thick 1200x800mm long/wide ceramic tiles from drive to conservatory and my back went pop.  Oh what a fun Easter holiday it's been!

See you soon,
Sarah



Challenge/s:

Crafty Catz : Challenge 633 - Anything Goes (option for a child). Entering first card - it was made for a teenager!

Gem of a Challenge: Wk 8 - Anything Goes. Entering first card.

Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: Challenge #570 - Use die cuts. Entering second card.

Less is More: Challenge #481 - Anything Goes.  Entering second card (I'm guessing the first one would be too busy for the rules).








12 comments:

  1. Both beautiful cards and love the fabulous image on the first would suit my eldest grandaughter to a tee! Hope your back feel better soon
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and so quick! well done on being the first card in the Less is More gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really nice--love the dots behind the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely makes, I popped across from LIM to admire your early entry for the new challenge

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fabulous Sarah- my favourite has to be the first one with that beautifully coloured image! I remember wearing trousers like that (maybe not quite that flared !!!) not great if it rained- they trailed on the ground (despite the platform boots I wore with them) and the water soaked up to the knees! Happy days!
    Hope your back is better soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again- oops forgot to thank you for joining in at Crafty Catz!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just can't get rid of me today! I'm back again to thank you for playing along at Fab'n' Funky, always so pleased to see you here!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards, Sarah. The colouring on your first card is amazing. Sorry to hear you’ve had Covid. Hope your back recovers soon and you haven’t done anything serious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both fabulous cards Sarah. Amazing colouring, as per, and I love the design of the second, I have that die so could probably do a reasonable CASE!! Hope you back is soon better xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh, you have been in the wars, hope you’re feeling better! Love your CAS cards, the second caught my eye on LIM, so hopped over to say Hi and added you to my list xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fab cards Sarah and hope your back is feeling a lot better you have my deepest sympathy mine goes all the time and I know how painful it is hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both fab makes, but your CAS one stands out - love the texture your stencilled background adds. Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah