Sunday, April 9, 2023

New digis

Morning blogland

I'm wandering into the blog to share a card made with this month's new release from All Dressed Up Stamps, and hoping that everyone is well and happy.

For some reason I've not given any images I've been colouring a background for ages, and felt the need to exercise the old 'lets draw and colour' muscle! In the end I've gone with a very simple card, but a totally freehand coloured background. Took me ages, but was fun to do, I really need to work on my perspective though - the sweet little girl and her pony look like they're standing in front of a Redwood tree - look at the size of the thing!!  

It also made me realise that I need  a 'number' of Copic refills - the amount of pens I took out that are nearly dry and then find I've no refill for them? Ummm, quite a lot :-)


Supplies used:

Digital Stamp:
All Dressed Up - Magical Pony
The stamp is purely the girl and pony - everything else is hand-drawn.
Coloured with my Copics

Rubber stamp:
Neat and Tangled - Together

Dies:
un-branded stitched rectangle set
Neat and Tangled - Tangled Dies

Anything else:
spotty lightweight card

Hope everyone else is having a better Easter holiday than I am - it's half term and we've lost the first week to all of us developing Covid! First time that me and Hubby have had it, second time for TTT.  Me and TTT coping fine and recovering much quicker than Hubby - he's still coughing and feeling quite bowled over by it.  

Personal opinion incoming.  I'm relieved and thankful all three of us have very mild symptoms - I'm all for getting as much inoculation as possible and looks like all the jabs have done their work. Aaaaand personal opinion done.

On that note I'll say cheerio and see you the other side of the school holidays.
Cheers,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers - Week 684 - Animals

Krafty Chicks Challenge : #658 - Stamp Act

Crafty Catz : #632 - Anything Goes (option add some Blue)


8 comments:

  1. Love the cute image and great background you created looks fine to me.Sorry to hear you have all had covid and hope you all feel better soon
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card Sarah. The image is adorable and your colouring is perfect. Your background looks fantastic too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
    p.s. bad timing for having Covid but happy to hear you've recovered well. Hope hubby feels better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your background is fantastic Sarah! I love that tree! Once you've done that, your card really doesn't need anything else, does it! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning and your colouring of these gorgeous images is awesome! Love the background you've created too! Thanks so much for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute, what a wonderful job coloring! I am amazed at how you did such a great job creating the background. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a lovely card and I love the little pony, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully coloured card. Thanks for sharing in my 'Animals' challenge at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Sarah and gorgeous colouring hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah