Saturday, August 13, 2022

White rabbit alike!

Good morning blogland,

I'ma flying through here - I ran out of time to schedule this post yesterday as TTT has a couple of friends here for a sleepover, went out for the day yesterday (Friday) and stayed up into the early hours to watch a meteorite storm, and in that rush I completely forgot to do my Sweet Stampin' post. So now I'm imitating the White Rabbit and shouting, 'I'm late, I'm late'.  Also one of the girls is getting picked up anytime now and then us and the other friend are off out to a performance of the Community Orchestra they play in. So a busy day again.

Right deep breath and post -

It's Saturday, again!, so it's time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' and the theme this fortnight is 'Firsts'.  Please remember that we are a stamping challenge, your entry doesn't need to be a card - or even have colouring on it - but you do need to have either used a rubber or digital stamp to be in with a chance of being Top Pick!

So Firsts eh! Now this one really pickled my already aging brain.  I did one card, didn't like it, stewed on it and (as I'm a bit of a control freak) did another card.  Here comes the show and tell.

Card one: very simple 'First' - baby's First birthday.


Supplies used:
Digital stamp - Image:
Pollycraft - Superstar 2
coloured with Copics
(unfortunately Pollycraft no longer exists and so I can't link to the shop)

Dies:
un-branded stitched rectangles

Anything else:
Extremely old chipboard number one
Glitter Kiss glitter on the star (hard to see in the photo)
And done, but not liked.

Card number two - this is a play on the 'If at first you don't succeed.....' quote, I guess you could give it to someone who is doing an exam of some sort? Maybe 1st driving test or 1st interview?  I dunno, but loved the Mo Manning image when I saw one of my Teamies use it earlier this year and, yes you guessed it, I went and brought it (plus others - I mean, who doesn't do that). I'm a potty mouth and have quite a sharp sense of humour (a standing joke in our house is that I tell hubby I'll be a very merry widow as I'm sure I'm going to outlive a man who is 9 1/2 years older than me!) and I would have put a swear word instead of 'beggars' and hexing those 'beggars' appealed to me.  I cleaned up the naughty word and this is card two:


Also fully glittered but hard to see in the photo - so her close up:
Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
Mo's Digital Pencil - Flippin Fairy
coloured with Copics
Sentiment created in Publisher

Dies:
Pretty Pink Posh - Scallop Borders 1
Un-branded stitched rectangle set

Anything else:
Honey Bee - Hexagon layering stencil
Memento Dew Drop Ink pad
stencilling brush
linen printed card
Glitter Kiss 
('cause it was left out from previous card and a girl can be glittery while not being pink!)

And done!
Tell me which one do you prefer?

Why not pop on over to the challenge blog and see what wonderful cards my Teamies have created - they are an amazing bunch of ladies and have created an amazing array of cards!

Right and I'm off, got things to do.
Will be back later to link to some challenges.
Sarah


3 comments:

  1. Both are fabulous Sarah- but that fairy wins hands down for me!
    Beautiful colouring, fabulous sparkle and great sentiment!!
    Don't get too hot rushing around in this heat :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love your cute !st birthday card and image---BUT---your second one is brilliant lol love the colour and fabulous image-the sentiment is just perfect-enjoy the performance
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous cards Sarah and honestly I couldn't pick a favourite!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah