Saturday, July 9, 2022

Everyone's growing up!

Good morning blogland

Well here I am again, this time with a card that I made for TTT to give to one of her 'friend group' - all of whom have been (or will be) turning 15 this year.  It started in March and will stop in August and then the group of 5 girls will be 15! 

It's so strange, not that they get older once a year (who doesn't!) but that I remember most of them from toddling about, to becoming Nursery kids then Primary kids and finally the big leap to Grammar school and now most of them are talking about their GCSE's and then Sixth Form. 

It's just so weird and I get told off that I still talk to them all as if they are still kids not the 'Young Adults' that they are! I reply that they aren't quite there yet and I'm sure I will always talk to them as if they are kids - isn't that what mothers (and the mothers' of friends) do?!

Anyways, enough of my waffling on, here's the card:


Then an alternative shot, as the embossing wasn't playing ball and although it was obvious in real life it wouldn't show in the picture (please excuse fingers!):


Supplies used:

Digital image:
Mo's Digital Pencil - Video Girl
coloured with my Copics

Sentiment:
taylored expression - Simple Strips: Birthday

Dies:
taylored expressions - Simple Strips; well rounded
Whimsy Stamps - zig zag 
un branded die for the stitched rectangles

Anything else?
Cuttlebug - Happy Birthday embossing folder
Papers - BoBunny: Surprise

This particular friends birthday coincided with a school trip for the Upper School to Alton Towers (which if you are not aware is a very large theme park in the UK) and it would appear was thoroughly enjoyable! Even though they had their coach break on them on the way and there was a delay until a replacement came out and they only had two rides because "it was soooo big and the queues were huge"! Oh the joys of youth!

That's me done for now,
See you later,
Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

Passion for Markers: Week 648 - Bingo board: I took the top row - patterned paper, die-cuts, embossing

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #619 - Week 1 (Stamp Act)

The Paper Shelter: Challenge #519 - Going Digital

Addicted to Stamps and more: Challenge #433 - Birthdays




11 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Sarah, perfect for a teenager. Time seems to fly faster, the older they get. Seems only yesterday that my daughter was 15….. she’ll be 45 next week! 😳

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous image and colouring- and yes they do grow up too fast! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teenager card and love the beautifully coloured image -our eldest grandaughter was 15yrs(going on 17yrs!) in May and with the attitude to match-bet they loved the drame of the school trip though lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card for a teen Sarah. Perfectly coloured as usual. Where does time go? What I wouldn't give to be fifteen years old again with life stretching ahead, there is so much I would tell my fifteen year old self!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossed background and that cute image! So happy you linked up to the Krafty Chicks Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant colouring of that fab Mo Manning image, Sarah, great paper choices and my favourite CAS style too...
    Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely identify with your thought that your little ones will always remain your little ones, regardless of their age. My youngest handled it beautifully, telling me she didn't mind all my 'mothering' because I'll always be her mother, which means, she'll always be my little girl. The others didn't handle it quite as gracefully. Your card is fabulous. Colourful, yet elegant. Love the embossed background. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe my Grandson is 28 this year! time flies by so quickly..amazing card Sarah fabulous colouring as always hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous CAS card. Thank you for joining with us at Passion for Markers Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect card for a teenage girl. Loving the image and your colouring is awesome as always. Great embossed background and the zig zag papers look fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome teenager card, thank you for joining us at TPS
    Christine DT

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah