Saturday, June 25, 2022

Somebody turned 15!

Good morning blogland

Another flying visit, whilst I wait for the oven to warm to cook enough home-made pizza to feed two adults, two 15 year olds and a 14 year old! Guess who turned 15 on Wednesday! Yep, The Troublesome Teen! 

This is TTT's big weekend of besties sleepover, which involves second hand clothing shops shopping, home-made pizza to eat and a film of their choice to watch in the cinema room on our big screen. Cinema room sounds posh-er than it is - our house is old (built in 1904) and has two reception rooms, when we re-decorated we turned one from a dining room into 2nd living room with seats looking at a blank wall and a projector to project the TV/video/internet onto said blank wall.  It doesn't have proper cinema chairs or a steady supply of popcorn or an usher to show you to your seat! But it works for us!

So now you know my fun weekend - shepherding 3 teenage girls around a town that has a lot of  charity shops and cooking! It will be fun for TTT and that's what counts, eh when it's your birthday celebrations! 

So card - this I made for hubby to give to said TTT.  I'll share the one I made from me during the week.


Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
Mo's Digital Pencil - The Birthday Girl
coloured with Copics

Rubber stamps:
Catherine Pooler - Happy Birthday Many Ways (sentiment)
taylored expressions - simple strips : birthday (die-cut sentiment)

Dies:
taylored expressions - simple strips : asymmetrical 
un-branded stitched rectangle die set

Anything else?
stripy card
extremely old number rub-on
home-made cloud stencil
Distress Ink - milled lavender

And, just for fun, this is a picture of TTT herself - normal expression now whenever I try and take a picture of her! That face, eh - even though we went out for a meal! I'll share picture of the cake I made her when I share the next card.


I'll be back soon,
Signing off for now,
Sarah

challenge /s:

Passion for Markers: week 646 - celebrations!

As You Like it Challenge: Fave Feminine or Masculine (and why). Well to be honest I like making both types of cards - it's just I need more feminine than masculine as I mostly make cards for my daughter's friends and they are mostly girls! So feminine out of practicality but I don't really mind either.  (As an aside - you didn't do redheads last week!!!  Poor neglected redheads - I would've joined in if that was an option!!  :-) )

Krafty Chicks Challenge: KCCC #617 - All Occasions Week

Cardz 4 Galz #175 - Die-cuts and or Punches

Seize the Birthday: #241 - Summer Activities - Picnicking in the park! 


 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,fabulous image and colouring -enjoy the birthday weekend
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, such a detailed and stunning card you did for your daughter. We enjoyed your card at C4Galz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, the image is beautifully coloured and perfect for a teenager, I'm sure she'll love it! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant card for TTT- LOVE the image, brought to life by your fabulous colouring! Hope you all enjoy the celebrations.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sarah - fab colouring and design! Thanks for joining in with my Celebrations challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous feminine card and congratulations to your daughter..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, yes, the teenage look. I see it every day at work... Sounds like a fab birthday weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous image and fabulous card, thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card for your daughter!
    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
    Debbie - C4G DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card with lovely colours! Thanks for playing with us over at PFM last week. We now have a new fun challenge up for you to play along with.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and incorporating the topping too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, beautiful card! I love your colouring. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma (thanks for the tip about redheads :) We keep this in mind for next year)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such detail for this special Birthday card. I love the theme! Thanks for joining in the fun at Seize the Birthday Challenge. I hope to see you here again.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah