Monday, May 9, 2022

A bit Gothic!

 Good morning blogland,

This is a bit of a belated blogland anniversary - it was 13 months ago tomorrow that I re-started crafting and blogging, hasn't time flown by! I'm properly back into the swing of things now and realising that it's the colouring side of card making that I really enjoy.  I'm happy to sit for hours and just colour, but still struggle to do something 'interesting' with the finished coloured image on a card.  Maybe I'll just say that a coloured image and a die or two and not much else is my 'style'!

Properly 'back into carding' includes Stamparama at Harrogate - had fun there!  I'm sure, though, it's waaaay smaller than I remember when we used to go there with TTT (who was then SWMbO) in her buggy - would've been around the early 2010's - but it's still very nice to be able to see crafty stuff in real-life as it were.  One thing that I do like about it now is the wider aisles - I never appreciated being barged into, pushed around and having toes trod on in the old shows! I must've done my passive aggressive 'Don't mind me, I'm just invisible' mutter a million times in those days.

On the recent additions list are the nice little stack of new goodies from Stamparama, enough Copics from Cult Pens (on-line) to almost finish the 'collection' (only some greys to go now) and then a small parcel arrived from CraftStash (I do like the their stamp and die sets).  That'll be me now for some months - probably until my birthday!

Of course, I buy all this and then don't use it! The card I'm sharing today only used some new BV Copic colours - everything else has got to be over 8 years old! Oh, other than the digi and the font for the computer generated sentiment.

But it does illustrate my points above about how I love colouring but fail on interesting card layouts!

May I present the evidence, M'Lud!


Supplies used:

Digital Stamp:
Ching-Chou Kuik - Black Rose
coloured with Copics
Sentiment generated in Word

Dies:
Un-branded stitched rectangle

Anything else:
Home made cloud stencil
Distress Ink and a blending brush
paper 'dots'

There I think that's probably enough waffling on to put anyone off! So I'll say,
Signing off for now,
See you later,
Sarah

Challenges:

Passion for Markers: Week 639 - Flowers (a paltry amount of flowers I know, but then I'm not really a flowery person!)

Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: Challenge #550 - Punk or Goth - See now, I was never into Punk (it was a little early for me!) and I realise this image isn't pure Goth (more Gothic) but I made it for a friend of my daughter's so it needed to be this hair colour, otherwise there would've been a lot more black. If it doesn't meet the rules, don't worry - I know I'm taking a bit of a punt here!

As You Like It Challenge: Favourite Layout and Why - See waffle above! Condensed version - I used to use sketches, a lot, now I favour a lot of colouring and that takes over the style of card.  Hence Favourite Layout - a hand-coloured image, a die to cut the image out, a large sentiment and a little bit of embellishment. And job's a good 'un!

We Love Stamping: May challenge - For a Lady (or Girl)

Happy Little Stampers: May Stencil Challenge


Digi Doodle Studio Challenge Blog: Challenge #49 - Fantasy / Light and Sprite / Believe in Magic

15 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful!! Thanks for linking up with us at The Fairy and Unicorn Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
    DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
    owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous Sarah, gorgeous image and colouring and i really love your clean designs- they keep the focus where it should be! The colouring is my favourite thing too, keeps me happy for hours.
    How nice to go to a 'real' craft show and see the products 'in the flesh'! I hope we get one near here soon.
    -and wearing my DT hat -I'm so pleased you joined us at Fab'n' Funky - this fortnight's challenge theme seems to be a bit too challenging for most!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely and beautifully coloured. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed reading your post can relate to so much of what you say. Love your beautifully coloured card, thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colouring on the lovely image and the soft pink cloudy background looks great. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping May challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Sarah those thirteen months have absolutely flown!! This is a really gorgeous image and you have done a fab job of colouring her. No need to add frippery when the image is stand alone amazing!! Lovely to see you at AYLI again. Don't Craftstash have some fab sets...not paid a visit for a while so must rectify that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Sarah. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is awesome as always. You don't need to add lots of 'stuff' as your colouring is usually the star of the show on your cards. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card - I love your colour palette! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty and a lovely colour palette, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping May challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous creation good luck in the draw. Thank you for joining with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very lovely looking card. Love the colour combo! Thanks for playing along with my flower challenge over at PFM this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely stunning Sarah and I too love the wider aisles at the craft fairs now it's much better than being constantly pushed and a trolley shoved in your legs! LOL So glad you had a great time and I can't wait till the next one hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your entry to the As You Like It Challenge is terrific, thanks so much for sharing with us. Hugs Squirrel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous coloring, so glad you let it shine! Thanks so much for sharing your favorite layout with us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card and colouring of this gorgeous image. Love the clouds in the background too. Thank you for joining in the Digi Doodle Studios Challenge this time and we hope to see you again!

    Vannessa, DT

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah