Saturday, May 14, 2022

Birthday Boy

Afternoon Blogland

Another lengthy pause between posts, not intentional it's just that I'm struggling at the minute to find the ooomph to blog. Always something else that needs doing, blogging will re-appear high on my to-do list again, it's just low priority right at the minute.

Doesn't mean to say I'm neglecting making cards - that I'm certainly not! Got proof as well in the form of the card I'm posting today.  No reason to make it at all, don't even know any birthday boys, just felt like colouring a Pollycraft image and this one jumped to the front of the pile!

Have to say this card did not end up looking anything like the idea I had at the start! I'm not impressed with the colouring of his face - I was going for the 'he's got a nose/snout' angle, don't think I quite got there though.  Also there wasn't going to be any patterned paper on the card at all and now there's loads, the card was going to be square, then a side fold 5x7, now it's a top fold 5x7.  Hoping I'm not alone in a finished card looking nothing like the start point, or I'll just have to acknowledge what I've always thought - I'm a total weirdo!!!

Here's the card:


Supplies used:

Digital Image:
Pollycraft - Marley's Party
(I don't know if you can get the image anywhere now since Pollycraft no longer exists)
coloured with my Copics

Papers:
BoBunny - Surprise collection
scrap of striped card from Anna Marie Designs

Dies:
Julie Hickey - Birthday
My Favorite Things - A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX
Die-namics - Photo Corners

Anything else:
Basic Gray - dark brown chipboard letters : for 'boy'
black card
white gel pen for highlights on image
3d foam squares (give the image a bit height by popping it on them)

I'm off now - it's Saturday which is pizza day in our house and, as I make the pizza from scratch, I've a fair amount of prepping to do! 
Signing off now,
see you soon,
Sarah

Challenges:

Passion for Markers: Week 640 - for the men/boys

Crafty Catz: #595 - Anything Goes - with optional twist masculine

The Cutie Pie Challenge: #171 - Digi's and Die Cuts

Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #429 - Any Occasion

AAA Birthday: Game #37 - Let's Party



13 comments:

  1. Aw this is so cute! Love the image and your colouring is fab! Great choice of papers and the chipboard letters look great! You are definitely not the only one whose cards don't end up how we visualised them lol!! You did a great job on this one though and thanks for joining in with my challenge at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute mouse, beautifully coloured as expected! The design and papers are lovely too.
    It's far more unusual if one of my cards ends up looking like I first visualised it...almost always they end up completely different!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds familiar Sarah, my cards rarely end up how I plan them in my head!! This is lovely, a great design and beautifully coloured. I bought loads of Pollycraft digis before they closed, must hunt out my memory stick!! Thank you for brinign him along to The Cutie Pies xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! Love the choice of papers, your colouring and that cute little mouse! Thank you for sharing and playing at AAA Birthday! Hope to see you in future challenges too! Take care and keep crafting!

    Ps. you are not alone.... or maybe I'm a weirdo too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, thanks for sharing with us @ Cutie Pie's.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Sarah, the colouring looks perfect to me. I often make cards which turn out nothing like I planned, so I'll join you in the Weirdo Club. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Darling image and card design. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab card Sarah. The image is so cute and your colouring is perfect (his snout looks great to me). Loving all the layered background and die cut sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Sarah and my cards never end up as I imagine them too either lol hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome colouring, so much depth and texture. Love your card! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love all the details, especially the large size of the sentiment! Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet design! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet - love the bold sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah