Monday, April 25, 2022

Ouch!

Good Morning Blogland

`Here I am with all systems go and normality restored, which will last until the next school holidays when life will be up in the air again! De ja vu anyone?

Anyways, lets leave the griping behind and talk cards! I made this over the weekend to join in with Passion for Markers - had withdrawal symptoms last week as I ran out of time to enter.  So I had to get back on track this week!

Y'know, I only realised after colouring the majority of the image that the poor kid in this stamp is having his toe snapped at by a crab! Previous to this realisation I had the sentiment all lined up and then had a moment of panic, wondering if the sentiment actually suits the image. This resulted in me rummaging through all the sentiments I have, not finding anything I thought would be appropriate and going back to Plan A after all!  Does anyone else feel they don't have enough sentiments, or is it just me! 

Card for you:


Supplies Used:

Digital Stamp:
Polkadoodles - Rocco Surf's Up
coloured with my Copics

Rubber Stamp:
Whimsy Stamps - Simple Sentiment Strips

Dies:
Creative Expressions - Sue Noble Collection: Double Stitched Squares
Pretty Pink Posh - Scallop Borders 2
Whimsy Stamps - Smile 
Papers:
echo park - Splash

It was going to be a completely flat card (no 3d foam anywhere) but that just felt so odd for this type of card, in the end I 3d'd the sentiment by cutting and stacking it with random white card.  Much better!

And so I'm off now for a busy day of housework and exercise! Oh the joys!
Signing off,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers: Week 637 - In or on the sea

Gem of A Craft Challenge: Wk 9 - Anything Goes

Polkadoodles Craft Challenge: Wk 17 - Anything Goes

Digi Choosday Craft Challenge: Week 16 - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. A fabulous design and layout for this fun image. Thank you for sharing it with us at Passion for Markers this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely looking card. I love your sweet image. Looks smashing! Thanks for playing with us this week over at PFM.
    Love hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute image, beautiful colouring and a fabulous layout Sarah- a lovely design that keeps the focus firmly on the image. Glad you're getting some time for yourself- despite the demands of housework and being a teenager's Mum! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card Sarah - and beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week, good luck. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab masculine card Sarah. The image is so much fun (poor boy having his foot chomped by that nasty crab!) and your colouring is amazing. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
    p.s. we missed you last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card, great layout and colouring! I suppose he should be grateful that it was a crab and not a shark that found his toe! 😁😁
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch indeed!! What a great card, the sentiment combo looks perfect to me. I have tons of sentiment stamps but never manage to find the right one x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah