Saturday, April 23, 2022

Rainbows and Rainy Days

Good morning blogland

Today I'm here with my DT card for the new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' where the theme is 'Rainbows and Rainy Days - Welcome Spring'. Your project doesn't need to be a card it can be anything you like, as long as there is some stamping in there somewhere (digital or rubber).  For this challenge, I went with the Rainy Days part of the challenge as the main focus and Rainbows in the sentiment. 

I'm quite happy how this one turned out in the end but had a couple of 'damn' moments on the way! One moment was the dreaded Copic blob on my colouring, I'm pretty sure I've managed to work it out but I know it's there. Second moment was when I realised there are same Copic colours in both her hair and coat, and I lost some of the definition of the hair where it lays over her coat.  I should've done the coat and skirt the other way around, I think!


Supplies used:

Digital Stamp:
Saturated Canary - Umbrellaclosed
coloured with my Copics
Sentiment:
A quote found on the internet

Dies:
Unbranded stitched rectangles

Anything else:
Striped card
Rhinestones

There, that's my project, why not pop over to the Blog now and see the cards my Teamies have made - they are fabulous one and all! 

Signing off now and see you soon, 
Sarah

Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Rain or Shine

Digi Choosday: Wk 15 - Anything Goes

Try it on Tuesday: I Can Hear Music - Song title 'Raindrops Keep Failing on My Head'

Inspiration Station: #38 - April Showers - colours and Season 



Stamping Sensations: April - "I Love..." Stamping and colouring - currently my favourite digi stamps to use are Saturated Canary, as they challenge me to improve my colouring.

We Love Stamping: April challenge - Favourite Stamp - at the moment my favourite stamps come from Saturated Canary, couldn't pick a favourite from them, love them all!

14 comments:

  1. You're far too self critical Sarah- your colouring of this sweet image is amazing- fabulous design too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Sarah. I think your colour choice looks amazing, sometimes we can be our own worst critic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous image and coloring! Love the color choices too. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delightful image for an April card and beautifully coloured, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. An adorable sweet image and a fantastic card. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays and the song you noted as your choice of music.
    Yvonne














    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and image thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining with us at Digi Choosday Crafting challenge.
    Good luck with your entry
    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning and gorgeous card.
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping April Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely April showers card with fab colouring. Thank you for sharing at Stamping Sensations. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, great colouring and that sentiment is so true. lol!! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card Sarah, your colouring is fantastic...maybe I should look out some of my digis to practice with.

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous image and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Inspiration Station!
    Darlene
    INSPIRATION STATION
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card Sarah. I just love that image and the song you picked. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. And I need to look for that image I think. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...what an amazing bit of colouring Sarah. A stunning card x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah