Saturday, March 5, 2022

Spots / Stripes / Easter

Hello Blogland,

I'm here today with my DT make for the new challenge over at Crafty Calendar Challenge, this month the theme is 'Spots / Stripes / Easter'.  Our lovely sponsor this time is Digi Doodles and the Design Team were provided with some super cute images to use - this is my card with one of those images.

As said before, and probably enough to bore you, I don't 'do' religious celebrations so my make focuses on the 'spots / stripes' part of the challenge. Here's the card:

Supplies used:

Digital Image:
Digi Doodles - Daisy May and Sweet Pea
coloured with my Copics 
(I hand coloured the background - the image doesn't come with clouds)

Rubber stamp:
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips: Backgrounds

Dies:
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips: Asymmetrical
un-branded stitched rectangle die

Any thing else?
My Minds Eye free Spring paper pad

Normally I would do a 'This is what I did' bit here, but while floating about the many groups I belong to on Facebook I read a post saying from someone starting a blog who wondered if it was old-fashioned to do an explanation of how the card was created. Lots of people said they appreciated knowing what was used, but didn't need a step by step 'how to' guide. Hmmm, appears I maybe old fashioned then! So I thought I'd leave that bit off for now. I figure my pictures of my cards are very clear (I hope!) and probably people can figure out from them and the list of what I use how I make my cards.

Please do pop over to Crafty Calendar where you'll find my Teamies have made some stunning cards - as always! I look forward to seeing your entry as well!

On the craft room front, I'm almost there. Just got a few more drawers to move about, a lot of labelling to do and then tweaks as I work with it all - to see if I've got things in the right places, so should be back to normal cardmaking next week.

Signing off now,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers: Week 630 - feminine

As You Like It Challenge: Favourite Interactive or Not (and why!) Ahhh now as much as I love looking at interactive cards, I've never actually tried one - oooooh confession time there! I'm not the most technical of people and I wonder if trying to make something move / wobble / pop would work for me. I gave up making my own card blanks as I couldn't get a straight edge on any of 'em! Also I take agggeeess to colour and place things 'just so', if I tried to add any other elements I'd be doing one card a year - so long story short, not!!

Polkadoodles Craft Challenge: Wk 9 - Anything Goes

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #601 - Stamp Act

Critter Crazy Challenges: Challenge #60 - Anything Goes




10 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty card Sarah and you are in good company as I am "old fashioned" too and actually like to read about/and tell how things were made!! Glad to hear that you are getting the craft room organised xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable image, superb colouring - love the background you created for this one! Great choice of papers to frame the image.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Sarah. Fabulous colouring and I love how you’ve created the sky. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card for our challenge Sarah just been catching up on all your previous blogs..as always really fab cards! hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and colourful. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and coloring!! Love the scene you created. Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    //Eivor DT Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful creation with a lovely image and pretty colours!

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so sweet Sarah! LOVE that paper combo and how sweet is that image?!! Gorgeous creation. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable bunny! You’ve created a great scene and I’m loving that pattern paper as well. So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CRITTER CRAZY challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah