Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Nearly there!

Good evening blogland,

Bit of a pause on colouring / crafting / card making there while the spare room slowly turned into a craft room. There is still a lot of (other people's) junk that needs clearing out - and some furniture - but I now have half of the room and am pretty much set up to craft.  I just need to tweak a bit (will probably be tweaking forever) and then live with it and see if I've put things in the right place.

Finally got to sit and make a card over the weekend and a couple more today. The one at the weekend was for a wedding (we went to the evening do) and then today's were for fun and a DT.

I'm sharing the 'for fun' one here:


Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
Lili of the Valley - Oliver texting
coloured with Copics

Rubber stamp:
My Favorite Things - All the Encouragement

Dies:
Un-branded stitched rectangle

Anything else:
Lawn Fawn - brick stencil
Distress Ink
Black card to make (slimline) DL card blank

I have taken pictures of the craft room progress and I will share them very soon. Don't expect one of those wonderful rooms you see on Pinterest / YouTube though - I don't have an IKEA anywhere near me and all my things are either 2nd hand or well old!  It is my craft room though, I've never had one before and I'm more than happy!

One last thing before I go, I'm acutely aware of what's going on in the world and can't believe that it can happen in the 21st century. I feel so bad for the poor people caught up in the machinations of what appears to be egomaniacal leader. However, I'm going to try and keep the blog free of too much world news as I'm finding it all rather scary.

Signing off for now,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers: Week 631 - CAS

Cardz 4 Guyz: #291 Slimline Card

little red wagon: Challenge #644 - CAS

Fab 'n' Funky Challenge: Challenge #546 - Dies and Stencils

Happy Little Stampers: HLS March stencil challenge

10 comments:

  1. Love this card, the image and colouring is fabulous.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Texting Oliver is prefect for this generation!! Not sure if that is a good thing but it is reality and you have created a fantastic slim line card using it!! Thanks for playing along with our "slim line card" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Sarah- great choice of image (one of my faves!) gorgeous colouring and the brick wall stencil is the perfect background.
    Enjoy your new craft room!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and my fave images! My craft room is the smallest bedroom and I live near an Ikea but none of it in mine LOL..when hubby was able he bought some worktop and put it all around the room so I had space for machines..printers etc and all underneath space for my drawers...so I was very happy with it..you will love yours too Sarah lots of hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The CAS design and brick stencil background work perfectly with this great image, Sarah and your colouring is awesome!
    I am lucky enough to have a craft room (it's supposed to be a dining room as well, but shhh, don't tell anyone?!) but still manage to only have a 4 inch square to work in! I hope you enjoy your new crafty space...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, super cool card and your coloring is fabulous.Thanks for joining our "CAS Challenge" over @ Little Red Wagon and i hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah this is lovely have used this image many time and your CAS card is perfect for our challenge at Passionfor markers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this fun image. Your coloring is stunning. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - love the stencilled background.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous image and you've done a great job of adding color and shading. I love that you've added the brick wall. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah