Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Who would receive this one?

Good morning blogland,

I'm sure you will all be relieved to hear that TTT had a lovely weekend at her friends, and I have a huge pile of her washing to do! I do not understand how two nights at a friends' house generated a pile of washing, but there you go it did. If she was a bit older I would've guessed they'd snuck out to a club, but she's not older - her friend lives in an only slightly less isolated place than us and the friends parents kept an eye on them all weekend! Ho hum!

So onto this card, I made this in the quiet time I had while TTT was off enjoying herself - I showed herself when she came home and asked, so I'm told, a very silly question.  Said silly question was - "Would you like this card to give to your boyfriend for Valentines?" It would appear I'm the daftest person in the world - this is not a girl to boy card, as far as TTT is concerned it's a boy to girl, or girl to girl, or a birthday card - not a Valentine card for her.

If I'd like to make her a card - I was told - she'll let me know before the 14th if they are exchanging cards and what sort of card she'd like, but this one can go in my 'pile of them'.

Oh the critics! So I thought I'd share this card with my bloggy / crafting friends and ask the self same silly question - Valentines card or birthday card?

All opinions gratefully received!


Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
Ching-chou Kuik Digital Stamps - Love Balloon
coloured with my Copics

Rubber stamp:
Taylored Expression - Simple Strips : Background

Dies:
Taylored Expression - Simple Strips : Asymmetrical
un-branded heart die

Anything else?
My Mind's Eye - Lucky in Love papers

What I did:
Re-sized and printed the digi onto Copic friendly paper, coloured it in and fussy cut out.
Die-cut the heart from white card and then again from a sheet of patterned paper.
Attached the white heart die-cut to the card blank with 3d foam, then glued the discarded inner heart from the die-cut patterned paper to the card blank in the middle of the white card die.
Attached a pre-stamped and die-cut sentiment to the top of the card with 3d foam.
Attached the digi stamp to the card blank also with 3d foam.
et voila, job done!

I don't know now what this card is! Teenagers are very confusing and I'm quite glad I've only the one (and occasional visiting one) to deal with.

Hope everyone else is getting better results with their Valentines' makes - if, of course, you are bothering. Not sure I will this year!!! :-)

Signing off now,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

Crafty Catz: Challenge #581 - Anything but square

CASology: Week 400: Affection

Addicted to CAS: Challenge #213 - Hearts

Cupcake Inspirations: Challenge #537 - Valentine Hearts


9 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous Sarah your colouring is really fab! hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, sitting on the fence Sarah...Birthday or Valentines I think!! Beautifully coloured and I love the die cut heart. Pleased to hear TTT had a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, you colored her up so well. I can see this as a Valentine but I send love type cards all year round to all genders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Your coloring is fabulous!! I LOVE that heart die behind that image too! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    CIC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, This is so beautiful and your coloring is amazing! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake inspirations. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, fab colouring. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous coloring and I love her in front of that fabulous heart die. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so sweet in front of the heart... Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah