Saturday, February 5, 2022

It's oh so quiet!

 Good morning blogland,

It's very quiet chez Sarah today - TTT's gone off for a sleepover with one of her school friends.  They've been friends for most of their lives, met when they were 2 and going into Nursery and now are in Year 10 in the same school, same class, same form! She went after school yesterday (Fri) and we go pick her up tomorrow (Sun) so two whole nights without her!! Poor thing it's been hard on her with the pandemic and not being allowed to go over friends, so this is very exciting for her.  You should have seen how much she crammed into two back-packs!!

There's my waffle for the day and now onto the point of the post - it's a new month and so a new challenge over at Crafty Calendar Challenge and the theme this month is Anything Goes.  We have a wonderful sponsor, Paper Nest Dolls, and prize for this challenge:


And the card I made with an image we were very kindly allowed to use:


Supplies used:

Digital image:
Paper Nest Dolls - Goth Ellie
coloured with my Copics

Rubber Stamp:
My Favorite Things - Totally Awesome!

Anything else?
Glitz Paper Pack - Pretty in Pink
Hobbyhouse - pearls

What I did:
Re-sized and printed the digital image on Copic friendly paper, then printed, coloured in with my Copics and fussy cut out.
Took two sheets of patterned paper and cut them to fit the 5x5 card blank bottom third.  Tore along the top edge of each, glued one on top of the other and glued both to the card base.
Popped some 3d foam onto the image and added that to the card base as shown.
Stamped the sentiment on the top of the card blank, added some gems for interest.
et voila, job done!

Really getting into this whole staging of cards thing - been fun looking through my old stash to see what I can use!!

My Teamies over at CCC have made some lovely inspiration cards as well and we would love to see what everyone else makes - so why not make something (doesn't have to be a card!) and pop it into the challenge!

Signing off for now,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

Watercooler Wednesday: WWC334 - Helen's Challenge: All About Occasions

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #597 - Stamp Act

Tic Tac Toe Challenge: TTTC 147 I've gone diagonally : Flowers - Purple or Pink - CAS

Polkadoodles Craft Challenge: Week 6 - Anything Goes





10 comments:

  1. Very cute card and image thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Just wanted to thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. Your cards are equally inspiring. Am now following you! Have a great weekend. Lisa J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Sarah- amazing colouring, lovely design- I like the big bold sentiment too.
    It's great that the youngsters can live a more normal life now- I agree that it's been really hard for them during this pandemic, they have missed out on so many things that they should have been experiencing and enjoying at this stage in their lives. I hope TTT has a fun weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah love this card your colouring is amazing and I love the hair! So glad TTT was having a sleepover at her friends..hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job coloring that cute image! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card, Sarah. Great colouring and a lovely background for your beautifully coloured image.
    I hope TTT enjoys her weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope TTT had a lovely weekend and that you didn't miss her too much! What a gorgeous card, beautifully coloured as always and the torn edge looks fabulous on the patterned paper xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! I love your coloring on the cool goth ellie, especially the hair, and the large sentiment is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sarah, I am obscenely late replying to a comment you left on my blog in November. Whoops! But it was a lovely comment and so I stopped by your blog for a sneak peek and discovered that I, too, very much like what I see. Beautiful colouring and lovely style! I'm also interested in some of the challenges you enter and so I've peeled those off too. These days I am more of a Facebook commenter but I hope to come by here again. I know I won't be disappointed. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your image is beautifully coloured and I love the mix of papers, great card. Thankyou for playing along with Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah