Thursday, February 10, 2022

Colouring drama!

Good evening blogworld,

I was feeling quite pleased with myself after my first attempt the other day at no-lines colouring so thought I'd have another go.

This time it's gone Hmmmm!!! I think I might've picked the wrong image for my level of non-expertise, it was blooming hard! So to help me along a bit I decided to stamp another of the same image and colour that in as well.  I'm pretty sure the paper I used to stamp my ordinary image onto, was not Copic friendly even though it was in my Copic paper folder. It did not go well! 

The no-lines image was definitely on Copic paper - it blended wonderfully, even if I was struggling with the image itself. However, the other one - my goodness it just would not go right! I struggled along but was about to bin it when TTT came home. Showed her the two images, talked about my colouring woes and she said 'but what are you worrying about - I like the one without lines the best, but they are both really good'! This from my biggest critic! So I said I'd carry on and turn them both into cards, which I finished today.

Here is the evidence for y'all to take a look at:

No-Lines


  Memento Ink pad:


Supplies used:

Rubber stamp:
Stamping Bella - Uptown Girls: Pattie and Dottie friends forever
coloured with Copics
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips : Friendship

Dies:
Catherine Pooler - 'Bestie'
My Favorite Things - Fishtail Foundations
Pretty Pink Posh - Scallop Borders One
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips : Asymmetrical 

Anything else:
Dotty paper
Hobbyhouse rhinestones
fineliner for the doodling
Martha Stewart - essential colours glitter set
white gel pen

I'm not going to do the 'This is what I did' bit as it's repetitive, other than to say the no-lines colouring image went on the card on a large panel of Copic paper and the Memento Ink stamped one I fussy cut out.

Never say that I'm afraid to share - or even over-share - warts and all!

Hope everyone's colouring (if that's what you're into) has gone better this week.

Signing off now,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

 Passion for Markers: Week 627 - add a sentiment

As You Like It Challenge: True Love or Fabulous Friendships. Hmmm, well as you can see it's Fabulous Friendships for me. I'm not sure I believe in 'True Love' - a divorced person here, although happily re-married now. Although having said that, also not got many friends either! Oh my goodness, makes me sound terrible doesn't it, better in real life, honest!

Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge: Week 6 - Anything Goes

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: Always Anything Goes

Just Us Girls Challenge: #618 - Word Week


11 comments:

  1. What a fabulous image and a great coloring job. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards, Sarah. Your colouring is amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards and fabulous colouring on those images. Thank you for joining our challenge at Passion for Markers this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah you are your own worst critic- believe me there's nothing wrong with your colouring on either of these cards and I think that that is quite a difficult stamp to colour- curly hair and boas! I'm with TTT here- very imprseed with the no lines version because I know how difficult it is to get it right (doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the other one!) your colouring is amazing!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking card with stunning colour combo. Looks smashing! Thanks for playing along with my challenge over at Passion for Markers.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice cards! Thanks for playing at Digi Choosday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fab images Sarah and nothing wrong with your colouring fabulous as always hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh gorgeous Caroline! Your colouring is just fab! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, I love the colouring on both of them. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are fabulous!

    Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, I hope you join us again this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No lines takes a lot more time to colour for me. Love both your cards.
    Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Polkadoodles Digi Choosday,
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah