Monday, February 21, 2022

So typical of me!

 Good afternoon blogland

Look at that - a whole week since I posted last! It's only got to be one school holiday, or another, and my blogging goes down the drain! This time it was half-term's fault.

I do have another excuse though - we are turning the spare room into a craft room / spare room! I don't know if those of you who found me again since I've returned to colouring / crafting / card making will remember that I was crafting in chaos waiting for a craft room to be created and that was part of the reason I stopped crafting for around seven years?

Well the craft room never got built but what I got into instead (for about the last 3 or 4 years) is fitness - I had a couple of health scares which were put down to my weight / size.  I got serious about weight loss / fitness and work out now almost every day - there are exceptions but it is, on the whole, a regular thing. One pandemic happened and I had a melt-down about not getting to the gym and putting weight back on so hubby said right as the holiday cottage is shut use that as your gym. It can't be a forever thing though, so we are sorting out a bit of house re-modelling and that will include a new room being built for a gym.

Long story short - I've still nowhere to craft and it was decided (as we have zero overnight visitors) we don't need a dedicated spare-room.  Therefore it will be called, forever more - the craft/spare room.  Emphasis on craft. 

This entails a lot of shifting of 'stuff' and chaos - hence no cards made for a week. I've spent the weekend catching up - but on the whole the next few weeks will be erratic.

Card made in serious catch-up session - and you may only see me for DT work for a bit.  Or updates on moving my stuff around the house, or I may even share a couple of cards made last year but not blogged. Oh, and that's what I'm doing: dreaming big - craft room big!


Supplies used:

Digital image:
Some Odd Girl - Geeky Mae
Coloured with Copics

Rubber stamp:
Random single sentiment stamp - no details

Dies:
Pretty Pink Posh - Scalloped Borders 1
My Favorite Things - Stitched Circle
Not sure whose the circle flourish was made by I've lost the packet

Paper:
First Edition - New Bloom

This is getting a very long post - so for What I did: Re-sized, printed and coloured in with Copics the image.  Fussy cut her out and popped her on a piece of patterned paper with 3d foam. Used a piece of kraft card cut with a border die as an edger. Took die-cut shapes I had in my bag of bits and stamped the sentiment on the plain circle, then added 3 gemstones.  Glued it all to the card blank (which is a top fold 5x7 size).
et voila, job done

Hope those of you who were in the path of these storms in the UK are all OK and everyone else is hunky dory!

See you soon,

Signing off,

Sarah

Challenge /s:

Passion for Markers: Week 628 - Favourite colours: I tend to go for greens and blues.  Sometimes with an added shade of red. I don't know why I'm drawn to greens and blues - but I do also like skies and seas, maybe it's from living near a beach and in the open countryside!

Watercooler Wednesday: WWC335 - Anything Goes.  So sorry to see your challenge end - have thoroughly enjoyed taking part for the time I found you!

Fab 'n' Funky : Challenge #545 - Birthdays, embellishments are the gems on the sentiment.

Crafty Catz: #583 - Add a sentiment

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #599 - CAS


8 comments:

  1. Super card - fabulous design, love the image!
    Good luck sorting out the craft/spare room- it wll be so worth the effort!
    And (quickly swapping hats) thanks for joining in at Fab'n' Funky and Crafty Catz.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Sarah. I love the SOG images and this one is one of my faves. Great colouring and CAS layout. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x
    Hope your craft room doesn't take too long this time around x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Sarah, the scalloped kraft panel is a lovely touch and, as always, your colouring is superb. Pleased to hear you are finally getting your craft room. I love being able to just down tools, safe in the knowledge that everything is going to be in the exact same place when I return x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colouring and I love your layout too. Thank you for sharing at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Love the image and the colours you've used are fab. Adding the sentiment to the stitched circle and adding that flourish is awesome too! Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sarah. Lovely colourig and layout. Thanks for joining us at our final WWC. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOve this image! Great design too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
    GDT Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Sarah.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week.
    Buffy (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah