Monday, February 14, 2022

So not Valentines!

Afternoon blogland,

So, this is Valentine's Day, is it? Has to be said not something that is particularly bothered with in our house. Hubby gets me (and TTT) a bunch of flowers, but he does that even when there isn't any real reason to, so you can't say it's because it's Valentine's Day. Personally I think it's all rather over-rated, but then (as the two significant others in my household keep telling me) I'm a bit of a grump!

Having said all that, I did still make cards over the weekend that feature hearts and cuteness and a teddy and a 'love monster'.  I'll share one today and another in my next post - don't want to overwhelm you with too much lovey dovey stuff!

I reasoned that as neither card says Valentine's on it, they could be for anything and I just really wanted to colour the images! Of course, I did offer them, again, as Valentines' cards to TTT - but, again, they were turned down.  She doesn't like teddies or dinosaurs (even though I pointed out it was a monster not dinosaur) and also she and 'The Boyfriend' have agreed not to exchange cards.  Cards are just a pointless waste of natural resources - oh dear! 

So here is card No 1, which shall be known as 'The Teddy':


Supplies used:
Digital image:
Lee Holland Art - Teddy with Heart
coloured with Copics

Dies:
Un-branded stitched rectangle
My Favorite Things - Die-namics: Inside out stitched circles

Paper:
My Mind's Eye - Lucky in Love

Anything Else:
Linen card
white gel pen
ages old chipboard embellishment
Pretty Pink Posh - layered hearts stencil
Distress Ink

What did I do?
Used Word to re-size the digi image, then printed out onto Copic friendly paper, coloured in with my Copics (added highlight with white gel pen) and fussy cut out.
Die-cut a rectangle from the linen card, then cut a corner out with the circular die.
Stencilled hearts over that panel with the Pretty Pink Posh stencil and some Distress Ink.
Glued patterned paper to the back of the panel and glued it all to the card blank.
Popped the teddy onto 3d foam and attached it over the patterned paper.
Added the chipboard embellishment as shown on the linen card.
et voila, job done!

To my mind the 'fall in love - forever' embellishment comes across as a bit sinister. We're going to be together forever (maniacal laughter follows) but then I have a very dark sense of humour and a cynical / grumpy mindset - I'm sure to everyone else it's a lovely sentiment!

Also the picture is very light - I'm still playing with the settings on the light box and find I can't leave it at one setting for every card, works for darker backgrounds but my lighter cards end up being a bit washed out.  I'm learning!!

So hope everyone who does 'do' Valentines has a lovely day - and if you don't 'do' Valentines, have an even lovelier day!! :-)

Signing off now,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog: Challenge #168 Theme - Hearts and Flowers. Lots of hearts, no flowers! :-)

Use your Stuff: #441 - Hearts/Love. The paper is many years old (maybe 7/8?) and I've got two packs of it as I liked it that much! The embellishment will be around the same sort of age, if not older (and I'm running out of them - very bad!).

We Love Stamping: February challenge - Anything stamped (option of stencilling)

Di's Digi Challenge: Use red and/or pink

Little Red Wagon: Be my love - Valentine: #640

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: Challenge #626 Love/Valentine

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colouring as always Sarah.... the little bear is really sweet. I think I may just share your soh and mindset- together forever does sound like some sort of threat!! :))
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable little teddy and fabulous card..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If everyone starts to think like TTT our hobby is doomed! It's a great card and the digi looks great on your design. Thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty creation, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Sarah such a gorgeous card hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are funny Sarah!! Great card though (in spite of the sinister embellishment!!) and perfectly cute for The Cutie Pies xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah