Wednesday, February 23, 2022

A bit of CaS and update

 Good evening blogland

I'm making a late evening dash into blogland, with a very Clean and Simple card I made a while ago and an update on the craft/spare room - I've been shopping!

I wanted to post this card to join in with the first challenge of the year and a birthday post over at Less Is More - 11 years of challenges! I remember the challenge starting and loving the look of CAS, and I still love the look and style of CAS cards. Love doing them, they just make my brain ache, as I feel they have to be 'just so'! Also I do love stamping and colouring but many CAS cards seem to rely on die-cuts and I'd have to go out and buy a whole new ream of dies if I was to try that.  As I'm trying to cut-down not buy more, that's not happening.

So card:

Supplies used:

Stamps:
DoCrafts - Papermania: Henbury Lane
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips: Birthday

Die:
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips: Rounded

Anything else?
Woodware corner rounder punch

What I did
Took a 6x6" square card blank and rounded the edges.
Stamped the image off centre.
Stamped and die-cut the sentiment, added to the card with 3d foam for a bit of interest (didn't think it would look right glued directly onto the blank).
et voila, job done!

More news on craft/spare room, as said above went shopping today! There's an office furniture and supplies shop in our nearest town and as I had a dentist appointment in town today we decided to pop in and look at desks. Upshot is I've a second-hand desk being delivered on Monday! Also brought home with a sort of cubbyhole unit, a bit like the IKEA stuff that loads of people use - but it's in a wood look and has a back.  Not quite sure yet what I'm going to put in it but I'll find something! I'll share pictures once they are both in place and the room has been cleared a little more! Presently there's a lot of dust / dirt / cobwebs and junk in there - I'd be embarrassed to show anyone!!

So that's it from me folks, until my next DT share,
Signing off,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

 Less is More: Challenge #458 - Birthdays (Happy Birthday ladies - I've loved playing along with your fabulous challenge and hope there's another 11 years to go (at least!!).

The Paper Players: PP579 - A Clean and Simple Challenge from Ann : Wild About Wildlife

AAA Cards: Game #209 - 1/9th and Favourite Animal.  I know the flowers and butterfly is in the top right corner square of the card, but does it count that the sentiment overlaps? Apologies if it breaks the rules of this challenge, I wasn't sure so thought I'd take a chance and enter!







9 comments:

  1. love this Sarah, perfect CAS card.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and simple perfection, Sarah! The black and white color combination is so classy. Thank you for playing in my Clean and Simple challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your CAS design, its very pretty. Look forward to seeing your room, I would love a proper room to craft in, I make do with the back porch.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Sarah, very classy, perfectly CAS card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty CAS card with the black and white! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this image. The whole card is clean and simple perfection! Thanks for playing along with us at the Players! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous clean and simple card! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards and Less is More!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah