Saturday, February 12, 2022

No 1 Dad

Good afternoon blogland,

Am rushing in here with being extremely late to the party with a card for the new challenge over at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge, as always it's Anything Goes theme, but we are a colouring challenge so there has to be some element of hand colouring on your entry to be eligible to win the prize or a Top 3 pick.

For this week's challenge, I've used a brilliant image for those wonderful TBDHs (or The Best Dad in the Houses or, as no doubt more 'normal' people call them - fathers, dads, daddies, step-dads!), #1 Dad,  from our fabulous sponsor Jan's Digi Stamps. As it's a masculine card this time, I left off all the sparkly, glittery, shiny stuff and went with a more graphic, clean cut, design.

I won't bombard you with waffle this time (that can be saved for the next post - we had TTT's end of term report yesterday and projected GCSE grades - eeek!) as I'm super late.  Just point you in the direction of my card, and the challenge! Wonder if you'd like to come join in? I'd love to see your creation!! :-)


Supplies used:

Digital image:
Jan's Digital Stamp Shop - #1 Dad
coloured with my Copics

Rubber stamp:
Taylored Expression - Simple Strips: Man, Myth, Legend (for the sentiment)

Dies:
Taylored Expression - Simple Strips: Well Rounded
Also one for the edge of dotty paper but that was a scrap and I can't remember what die I used.

Anything else?
Echo Park Paper - Splash
Gunmetal grey card
Woodware corner rounder punch 

What I did:
Re-sized, printed (on Copic friendly paper) and fussy cut out the digital stamp.
Took a sheet of the patterned paper, cut it to size and rounded the corners with a punch.
Matted the paper onto card, cut to size and rounded the edges of that with the same punch.
Glued the patterned paper and card onto the card blank, then glued the die-cut onto the bottom of them.
Added 3d foam to the image and sentiment then popped them onto the front of the card.
et voila, job done!

I'll be back soon!
Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

Tic Tac Toe Challenge: I picked horizontal - White/free/sentiment

TIME OUT Challenges: Challenge 207 - CASe a card : Now I know at first glance it doesn't look anything like the original card, but! I took inspiration from a main 'image' and the 'spray' behind that image. Although, yes, the sentiment is off to one corner! Artistic licence maybe??


Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge: February - Anything Goes

Polkadoodles Craft Challenge: Week 7 - Anything Goes








8 comments:

  1. Great masculine card- love the bold design and colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a handsome masculine card Sarah! Would make any DAD beam. Thank you for sharing your #1 DAD creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Hope you will join us again for a NEW challenge each month. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous masculine card Sarah..I remember doing my G.C.E's 'O' and 'A' levels many moons ago LOL hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the CASE card - and artistic licence is definitely encouraged :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! Love the idea and the design and yes..I still see how it was inspired by Michele's card. Thank you for taking Time Out to join us. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is a great card! Love how you've highlighted the image with the rays in the background. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this bright and cheerful card! Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    Merja DT
    https://kortitjakokkailut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card!! Lovely colors.
    Thank you for joining us at the Polkadoodles Friday Craft Challenge.
    Hope to see you again.
    /Eivor DT Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah