Saturday, January 1, 2022

It's all new!

Good morning blogland and Happy New Year!

Anyone aware it's the 1st of January 2022? I bet there's one or two who know and I hope there aren't too many sore heads from last night's parties! I'm not a late night person so I'm sure I'll be in bed long before the bells ring in the New Year. However, with being an early to bed person, I'm also an early to rise person - so while this scheduled post appears I'll no doubt be at the beach going for my first jog of 2022!

Now onto the reason for this post - as well as it being the 1st day of the New Year it's also the first challenge of the year for Sweet Stampin'! The theme this challenge is 'New' - so either new goodies - stamps/pens/papers, anything! Or there's always a card to celebrate the New Year, a new baby, new house or any other 'new' happening.

For my contribution I've used a new digi, new sentiment stamp and celebrated 'a' new year - not The New Year - hubby's birthday, which is also a new decade (which he's a bit touchy about!).

This is my card:

I used:
Digi stamp:
Dr. Digi's - Napping Neville (new!)
coloured with my Copics

Rubber stamps (sentiments)
Rare Earth - Inspirational (new!)
Catherine Pooler - All Around Wishes (for Happy Birthday)

Anything else:
Anna Marie Designs - striped paper
Creative Expressions - Noble collection: double stitched squares

What I did:
Re-sized and printed the digi onto Copic friendly paper, coloured in with my Copics and fussy cut out.
Stamped the sentiments onto some linen card and die-cut it out with the stitched die. Also die-cut a piece of stripy paper with the same die, then tore off the top edge.
Stuck the paper to the panel, then used 3d foam to add it to the card blank,
Finally added 3d foam to the image and added that to the top of everything.
et voila, job done!

Am so hoping that 2022 is much better than the last couple years - we've been incredibly lucky not (so far) to have been made ill by Covid-19 but, my goodness, the isolation and being unable to go anywhere is really getting to me now.  Anyhoo, enough being miserable.

On a happier note my Teamies have made some really gorgeous cards for this challenge, please pop over and take a look. I also really like wandering about everyone's blogs and seeing what you talented lot come up with for our themes - just remember, as it's a stamping challenge, there has to be stamping on your project somewhere! 

Signing off now,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers: Week 621 - Christmas Mega Challenge (2nd entry)

Gem of a Challenge: Anything Goes - Challenge 1

Polkadoodles Craft Challenge: Wk 1 - Anything Goes

Krafty Chicks Challenge: Challenge #592 - Anything Goes


5 comments:

  1. A wonderful card I just love it, the image and design are right up my street.
    Happy new year.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Sarah.
    Fabulous card, love the image, the clean design and such a great sentiment- my hubby spends a lot of time 'planning' like that!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Sarah. The image is fab and your colouring is fantastic. Thanks for joining us for our Mega Christmas challenge 'anything goes' over at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Denise x
    Happy New Year x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Sarah, made me smile!! Wishing you and yours a Happy and Healthy 2022, I have to say I am still feeling a little cautious about what is to come but it can't be any worse!! Looking forward to seeing your crafty makes xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular card! Love that sentiment! And your person, I feel it too: getting old/tired. Lol! Happy birthday to your hubby! Stay safe! So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah