Friday, December 17, 2021

Birthday kisses!

 Good morning blogland

I'm here today with my first official post as Guest Design Team member for Colour Crazy Craft Challenges! In case it's not obvious from the name of the challenge it's a challenge for people who like to colour when crafting - it doesn't matter what you colour in or what you colour with but there must be a hand-coloured element to your project. So I'm a happy bunny - colouring and stamping is my main crafting pastime!

The theme of the challenges are always Anything Goes, but there has to be something that's been coloured in.  The sponsor this week is Polkadoodles and the DT were very kindly given some images to use.

So without further ado here's my card for this week's challenge:


Supplies Used:

Digital Stamp:
Polkadoodles -  Snowmen Frosty Hugs Too Cute 
coloured with Copics.
The sentiment is from an etsy seller who was selling 'digital word art'

Dies:
Un-branded rectangular stitched dies

Anything else:
Red card
bakers twine
white gel pen

What I did?
To make my card I printed the image and sentiment onto Copic friendly paper, coloured with my Copics and then added snow with the white gel pen.
I then die-cut it out with the stitched rectangle die.
I added a turn of bakers of twine, mounted the image onto a red card matt (also die cut with a stitched rectangle from the same set) and mounted it all onto my card blank with 3d foam.


It's 'Winter birthday' card as I thought it might nice to show what's thought of as Christmas associated images don't just have to be for Christmas, so I made a winter birthday card. It might be Hubby's card (his birthday is in between Christmas and the New Year) but I'm not sure as he also has a turn of the decade birthday and this card might be to cute for that occasion!

So, in other news, the blog has been quiet again - this is because I'm working away on (gulp!) Christmas cards! Not my first choice for relaxing crafting but, like I said in a previous post, TTT asked so she's getting.  Nearly done now and then there will be a rash of Christmas cards to share.  I will be glad when it's all done and I can get back to my normal images!

Hope everyone is having a stress-free and relatively peaceful run up to Christmas.  Fingers crossed the new Covid-19 variant isn't affecting anyone too adversely. 

Signing off and hoping to see you again soon,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Watercooler Wednesday: WWC331 - Anything Goes

Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge: Wk 50 - Anything Goes


Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #420 - Die-cuts and/or stencils - die-cuts for me


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new DT spot Sarah, you've made a wonderful card for it-a beautiful wintery birthday card- your colouring is fantastic!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, great coloring and such a pretty background! Thank you for joining us at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. The cute couple look fab on that long tall card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. I love that inky background too.
    Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Polkadoodles Digi Choosday,
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! So very sweet Sarah! I love this gorgeous little snowy scene you've created. These little images are just super cute!!! Love everything about your card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Stay safe and Happy 2022 to you and your family. Cheers':)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, you've has created a darling winter birthday card. I love the subtle colour changes in the background and, of course, the lovely colouring of the snow people images. The shading really adds depth and dimension. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Sarah your card is so beautiful, fantastic art.

    Greetings from Germany
    Anke

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah