Monday, December 13, 2021

Winter Wishes

 Good morning Blogland,

Can hardly believe it's been a week since I last posted - doesn't time fly! No one major life thing kept me away from the blog, more a combination of minor things that add up to eating into my crafting time.

Although one big crafty thing keeping me busy is that TTT has asked for Christmas cards for her friends this year.  As I had just tried Mindy Baxter's (at My Creative Scoop) Winter Background classes and TTT liked the cards that I made from those classes I decided to also sign up for Snowy Scenes.  I know, it's mean blaming spending money on my hobby on the Teenager - but it's gotta be blamed on someone that's not me! ;-)

As each colouring session seems to be taking me around 6 hours (or so) and TTT wants five cards - you can tell why I've been left with little time for much else, including blogging.  How can I blog a half-made card, unless I give you very boring progress pictures.

This card is the second one I made from Winter Backgrounds - the others will probably follow in due course:


Supplies Used:

Digital Stamp:
Lee Holland Designs - Snowman and Penguin
coloured with my Copics
and white paint pen

Rubber Stamp:
Catherine Pooler - All Around Wishes

Die:
Un-branded rectangle

What I did:
I re-sized and printed the digi stamp onto Copic friendly paper and then, following the class at My Creative Scoop, coloured it in with my Copics and added details with a white paint pen. Then stamped the sentiment onto the image.

Used the die to cut the coloured panel out; used the next size up die to cut the matt; glued the two together and finally mounted it all, with 3d foam squares, onto a card blank.

et voila (after hours colouring), job done!

Hope everyone in Blogland is doing OK and, if you're interested, I'm hoping to be back again before the end of the week, but you never know - it might be longer!  Depends on how the colouring goes!!

Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Passion for Markers: Week 621 - Mega Christmas challenge: Anything Goes

Watercooler Wednesday: WWC 330 - Heidi's Challenge: All About Occasions

Crafty Catz: #576 - Anything Goes - Optional Twist: Christmas Celebrations

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #582 - Week 2: Christmas


6 comments:

  1. What a cute card. It’s perfect.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. That's a stunning background Sarah and well worth the effort x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning, Sarah! Fabulous colouring of that sweet image and I love the pretty scene you've created...
    Thanks for playing along with our Mega Christmas challenge at Passion for Markers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this is gorgeous, the colouring looks fabulous Sarah
    Thank you so much for joining in with our Mega challenge at Passion for Markers

    Hope you have had a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely colours you have made and great colouring too. Thanks for joining our Mega Challenge over at Passion for Markers.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah