Wednesday, December 1, 2021

A hearty card

 Good afternoon blogland,

So, after I said a few posts ago about my Clean and Simple cards being mostly colourless - I found myself trying to make something a bit more colourful.

Now, you're going to have to bear with me on this one, as I used a card blank size I'm not used to working with. I was going for CaS and so wasn't happy layering up the card base too much, which I felt this die would need if working with my normal top fold (17.5 x 12.5 cm). 

I then dug around and found some very old, very small C6 card blanks (5 3/4 x 4 inches or 14.75 x 10.5 cm). The die fits the blank perfectly but to me - used to bigger card blanks - this is a very small size to be working with.  I think I was using this size about 20 years ago when it was all 'let's use stickers' to make cards and I swiftly moved away once I discovered stamping and colouring.

Anyway, I persevered and it doesn't look too bad but, next time I use the die, it will not be such a CaS, it'll go on one of my usual card blanks and I'll layer it up a bit more.

Anyways, here's the card so y'all can decide:


Supplies used:
Rubber stamp:
Taylored Expressions: Simple Strips - Background

Dies:
Taylored Expressions: Simple Strips - Well Rounded
Time for Tea - Lots of Love Cover Plate (Vertical)

Anything else:
Piece of rainbow printed paper
small card base (!)

What I did:
Die-cut out the hearts cover plate and then cut a piece of rainbow paper to fit behind the die. Stuck the two together, added 3d foam and mounted it on the card blank.
Stamped and die-cut out the sentiment, added 3d foam to that and added it to die / paper.

et, voila, job done!

My apologies, folks, as well for the mixed measurements - I'm neither a metric nor imperial person (I was taught both at school and picked up neither) and measurements don't mean much to me!

So ends another long post from me - hope everyone is doing well and I'll be back soon with a distinctly bigger card! ;-)

Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

Addicted to CAS: Challenge #211 - Colourful



3 comments:

  1. It's fabulous Sarah (whatever size it is!). It's a lovely design in beautiful colours and definitely catches the eye!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, the background suits the brilliant white perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah