Monday, November 29, 2021

We have snow!

 Good morning blogland

Well wasn't that an interesting weekend! Thankfully no damage done with the winds, but my goodness it was blowing a good 'un out there - so a very good opportunity to stay in and craft! That was Saturday, then Sunday more winds and... ta-dum!.... Snow!! 

I love snow - strange as I don't like the cold but I love snow.  Can't stay out in it for too long, I get cold so quickly these days, but I love watching it fall, settle and walking on fresh snow.

This is what we've woken up to:


Sooo pretty!

Now your personalised weather forecast is over - this is one of the cards I made whilst hiding away from the wild wind. It looks nothing how it started - the image changed, the jewels were added, the doodling was added.  In fact, you may just say I ripped up the original card and started over! Although I did save the other image for use on a different card.

her close-up - so you can see the tiny gems I've added to her cup:


Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
The Greeting Farm - Miss Anya Pumpkin Spice
coloured with Copics

Rubber stamp / die:
Taylored Expressions: Simple Strips - Birthday
(Die) Well Rounded

Paper:
My Mind's Eye - Bloom & Grow

Anything else:
Hobby House - gems
Random strips patterned paper and black card (both die cut with a stitched square die)

What I did:
Re-sized, printed, coloured in and fussy-cut out Miss Anya.
Printed on Copic friendly paper and coloured in with Copics
Cut a piece of patterned paper and stuck it to the 5x5 card base then doodled a frame on/around it.
Stuck the image and the sentiment onto 3d foam and popped them on the card base.
Cut up two die-cut squares and arranged them as a partial frame.
Randomly added flat backed gems to the card base and 3 to Anya's cup.

et voila, job done!

Am quite pleased with this card, in the end, as, like I said at the beginning, it might just as well be a completely different card from where I started out. Also in-spite of the fact I had a blob with my Copics and almost gave up, I still managed to rescue the image.

Once of the challenges I intend to enter this card into asks for a card along the lines of happy and thankful.  Well I'm thankful for Cult Pens who got me a new E00 Copic delivered in 2 days - when I re-filled my E00 with E000 ink - how stupid is that! I'm also happy to have hats, gloves, boots and hot chocolate after being out in cold weather - which Miss Anya represents. I'm also grateful for my friend whom I go running with - is lovely to be out and about and chatting whilst improving my fitness levels. 

And, now I've written a novel, I'm off to do my weights also grateful that I don't have to drive to a gym (only walk around the corner) and that I'll be warm and dry whilst I'm working out!

Hope everyone else got through the storm with minimal disruption,
Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Passion for Markers: Week 19 - Happy and Thankful (if you haven't read the essay above (and I don't blame you!) I'm happy to have warm clothing, hot drinks and thankful for a friend I jog with.

Crafty Catz: Challenge #574 - Anything Goes (no optional twist)

The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog: Challenge #165 - Anything Cute

Just Us Girls: #612 - Photo Week. I know I've not taken the literal route with inspiration from the picture - but, once I saw the colours were similar to my card, I just thought to myself Miss Anya's been shopping (in the cold) and is having a nice mug of Chocolate before she starts to unpack all the Christmas shopping (food / presents?) that are in those bags.  If it's gone too far 'off piste' for the challenge, it's fine - I don't expect everyone to follow the weird twists of my mind!! ;-)

Krafty Chicks Challenge: KCC #587 - All Occasions

10 comments:

  1. I loved reading your "novel"! This is so cute, and I'm glad you were able to salvage some of what you did to create this adorable card. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh Sarah about the 'ripping up the card and starting again'- how many times have I done just that! At least you managed to salvage the image to use another time. This card has turned out so cute, lovely design, sweet image, beautiful colouring.
    I don't like snow!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello lovely Sarah!
    Oh I just loved reading your post! From the spectacular snow you've been blessed with, to the list you're thankful for. I also loved that your card transformed into what it was meant to be (because I always feel that they actually have a life of their own, and we just need to tap into it). What a great job you've done! Your little gems bring the card to life and your colouring is FANTASTIC! Love your doodling too. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab coloured image and love her hat thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting post, I had so much fun reading it. Your card is so sweet and your colouring is amazing. Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading your post really made me smile Sarah, in fact a couple of times I was laughing out loud! Even though it wasn't the card you planned, it's such a cute card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Anya Pumpkin Spice is adorable and beautifully coloured. I love the snow as well, especially as it’s falling while I’m nestled under the blanket on the couch. I can do without the freezing cold temps and the blowing winds. So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet and adorable card Sarah. So glad you went with it and shared with us us at JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card. Cute image and so glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely snowy scene, we didn't get any, sadly. What a sweet image and perfect for The Cutie Pies, I hope you treated yourself to hot chocolate and marshmallows after your snowy walk!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah