Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Variations on a theme

Good evening blogworld,

I've been CAS-ing and not Copic-ing again! 

It's funny really as much as I love colouring, and I really, really do, I also love the challenge I get by having a very minimal amount of 'stuff' on the card blank and arranging it into a design that appeals to the eye. 

Although, it wouldn't be 'me' if there wasn't stamping somewhere - even if it is a plain black stamp! I actually made three cards along this theme, with two different stamps but wasn't sure that one of the stamps was technically a silhouette. I'd looked at it and thought I could probably colour that in, so that card has been put to one side for another time.

Presenting my 'variations on a theme' cards that I made:

Card one:


Card two:


Supplies used:

Image stamp:
docrafts - Papermania: Henbury Lane

Variations for card one:
Sentiment:
Catherine Pooler - Happy Birthday Many Ways
Dies:
unbranded rectangle die
Spellbinders circle dies
Anything else:
Distress Ink
blender brush

Variations for card two:
Sentiment:
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips Background
Dies:
Taylored Expressions - Well Rounded
My Favorite Things - inside /out stitched circles
unbranded rectangle die

What I did:

Card one:
Blended two Distress Inks onto white card and stamped the image on the top.
Die-cut with circular die, then die-cut another circle and mounted the image onto the white circle.
Die-cut out the rectangle, 3d foam onto the stamped panel and popped it onto the rectangle.
Attached that to the card blank, again with 3d foam.

Card two:
Cut out a rectangle from linen card and die cut out a circle in the top right hand corner.
Marked the circle on a card blank, took away the linen card and stamped the image directly onto the card blank.
Attached the linen panel to the card base with 3d foam - making sure the image was lined up.
Glued the sentiment to the linen panel.

et voila, job done!

It was a very enjoyable afternoons' crafting to make these two (technically three) cards I am pleased to report. However I'll be back to colouring next time I see you as I'm swapping and changing as the mood takes me!

Oh, and in other news, all is right with the world again - as I'm feeling much better now than I did at the weekend and I can get my Les Mills exercise fix again!

See you all soon,
Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Less is More: #456 - Silhouette

Little red wagon: Challenge #628 - No Patterned Paper!

Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #418 - Birthdays (entering card one)

Retro Rubber Challenge: Challenge 171 - Fall colours (entering card one and the bird stamp I used is at least 10 years old if not nearer to 15, but I can't find a date on the packaging but I did find a SALE sticker - I do like a bargain! Confession time - it's also the first time I've used it, that's terrible!!)

Happy Little Stampers: November anythings goes with dies




12 comments:

  1. Two super cards, whilst one is lovely my favourite is number two .... cracking job

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards! I have to agree with Kathy, the second card is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards! I really love the bird image. Fun idea to vary the two cards. Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cards, love the bird stamp. We all have NBUS hidden somewhere! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your CAS cards. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely CAS cards, Sarah.

    Thanks for joining our "No Patterned Paper" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon. Hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both super sweet! Sometimes we color, sometimes we stamp, right? Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS die challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, very grown up cards!! It always amazes me just how long it takes to put CAS cards together. You have done it brilliantly with these two xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your stamp is close enough to a silhouette to count, and it's great that you have finally used it! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards, and your wonderful bird image works as a silhouette for me! Thanks so much for playing with us at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant cards. Have a nice day, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards, love them both!
    Take care and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah