Saturday, November 20, 2021

Look who's 12!

 Good Morning Blogland

It's Saturday morning, which means it's time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' Challenge and this fortnight the theme is Birthdays!

The reason the theme is 'birthdays'? It's because the Sweet Stampin' challenge has been in Blogland for 12 years! Can you believe it! I first joined The Sweeties probably about 10 years ago and was part of the DT for a couple of years until I totally lost my mojo and stopped crafting 7 or 8 years ago. When I re-started crafting last year I was very kindly asked if I'd like to join again and I almost snapped Susan's hand off!  They are a lovely group of crafters and I'm very privileged to be on the DT.

My contribution to the festivities are these two cards - whilst browsing my gallery I found I've got a fair number of un-blogged birthday cards.  I found it very difficult to pick a single card, so I've gone with two - one a recent make for one of TTT's friends and one a more elegant CAS style.

Card one - Elegant CAS:

Supplies Used:

Rubber Stamp:
Inkadinkado
A very old flourish stamp which has no packaging so you're lucky I remembered it was Inkadinkado!

Dies:
Lawn Fawn - Happy Birthday Border
Memory Box - Chloe Butterfly
Spellbinders circle - to make a mask that inked the grey circle through

What I did:
Die cut out the Birthday border (x2 white card x1 black card) and stacked it. 
Die cut out the butterfly and circle mask.
I put the mask on the card blank and inked through with a grey ink pad to get the circle, then glued the butterfly on - just by it's middle so the wings are loose.
I stamped the flourish across the bottom of the blank in black ink and then glued the stacked Happy Birthday border across the top of the flourishes.

et voila, job done!

Card two - Teen birthday:

Supplies used:

Stamps:
Digital Images:
Saturated Canary - Peace Out Selfie
The Greeting Farm - Birthday Party (a digital images background pack)
coloured with Copics
Rubber Stamp:
Catherine Pooler - Happy Birthday Many Ways

Dies:
Catherine Pooler - Bestie word

Anything else?
Copic fineliner
lilac coloured card

What I did:
I re-sized and arranged the digital stamps in Word until I was happy with them then printed onto Copic friendly paper and coloured them in.
Stamped Happy Birthday onto the paper.
Cut the panel to the right size to fit my 5x5 card blank with the card mat just showing.
Die-cut 'bestie' out x3 - x2 white card and x1 lilac card - stacked them and attached to the panel.
 Drew stings onto the balloons with a Copic fineliner.

et voila, job done!

Now we would love to see what you make! As always, please remember this is a stamping challenge, so there has to be some sort of stamping on your make, but your make doesn't have to be a card!

Signing off now,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #586 - CAS (Card one)

Gem of a Craft Challenge: Wk 23 - Anything Goes (card two)

Crafty Catz: #573 Anything Goes (sorry no additional twist) (Card two)

Time out Challenges: Challenge #201 - Da Vinci quote (took the 'simplicity' part of the quote and entering card one)

Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog: #288 - Anything Goes and a Sentiment (Card two)



7 comments:

  1. Fab cards Sarah, totaly different but equally gorgeous! The first-clean simple and very elegant. The second has a fun image and design- perfect for a teen! Love the colours too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely design and colouring on your work, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, I love the elegance of the first card with the cas lines and the second is perfect for a teen..lots of fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are fabulous cards Sarah, especially the teen one, great colouring xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my these are two fantastic cards Sarah I love them both the first one is so elegant and classy looking the second is amazing especially with your colouring skills two ACE makes for the celebration
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two perfect designs for our birthday challenge Sarah! Love them both hun! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards, esp the Die cut butterfly, has my heart. Love the simple yet beautiful design! Thank you for taking time out to share this clean and simple beauty, hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah