Saturday, November 13, 2021

Deep breath and calm!

 Hello blogland,

Well that last post was a bit of an insight into my non-Christmas personality, I don't ignore it altogether but I'm happier dropping all the expectations and so minimalising the whole season.  Maybe if I was religious, it'd be different but I'm not so I get through it and out the other side. Although, obviously without raining on anyone else's parade! I maybe a grump but I'm not a monster! Generally I keep this particular opinion to myself, but there I've vented on the blog, now I feel better and won't do it again. 

So moving onto happier thoughts - I did some Copic colouring - that was much happier and a much needed calming afternoon.

Here's the card:


Supplies used:

Rubber Stamp:
The Greeting Farm - Anya Lifts
(image and sentiment)
coloured with Copics

Dies:
My Favorite Things stitches inside and out 
I'm not sure what die cut I used for the bottom border - it came out of a box of bits

Anything else:
Hobby House - flat backed pearls
twine

What I did:
Stamped Anya onto Copic friendly paper, coloured her in and fussy cut her out.
Stamped the sentiment onto the die-cut circle.
Wound some twine around the bottom die and glued it onto the card base.
Played about with positioning of the circle then glued that down and stuck the pearls on.
Put 3d foam on the back of the image and popped her onto card.

et voila, job done!

Not quite sure why the sentiment looks so badly stamped in the picture - can assure you it isn't!

I'm off for a quiet day today, I appear to have eaten something unpleasant so I'm on toast and water for the day hoping for improvement tomorrow.

See you soon,
Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Passion for Markers: Week 617 - three of a kind - 3 pearls and 3 balloons

Watercooler Wednesday: WWC: 328 - All About Occasions

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge: Week 44 - Anything Goes

As You Like It Challenge: Favourite Circle Embellishment - Flat backed pearls or gems - all time favourite - as shown by the fact that I've got a draw full of them!!


7 comments:

  1. Fab colouring of this sweet image and such a lovely sentiment. Thanks for sharing at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely sentiment and a cute image. Thanks for joining Passion for Marrkers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Sarah. Lovely colouring and great design. Thanks for joining us at the WWC. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card Sarah. Fabulous design. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sarah for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. I thought it only right that I came by here for a little peak and I have not been disappointed! This is a lovely design and your image is beautifully coloured. I may stay a while for a browse! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good greif, I have missed loads!! Not enough hours in the day at the moment :0( Another beautifully coloured image and fantastic design xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah