Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Hmmm!

 Morning Blogland,

I almost went with 'urrgh' for a title but thought, in the end, that might be a bit tooo cheeky, so Hmmmm it is. This is because I'm posting up another Christmas card - did I mention that I'm the one in a million who isn't that into Christmas? I might have done! Too many reasons to list why I'm not keen, and it's not on religious grounds, it's just personal experience.

Anyways, challenges are starting Christmas / Winter themes so, as I like joining in with challenges, it would appear I'm going to make a couple of Christmas cards. I might even make enough that a couple of people get a handmade card this time.

This is my second Christmas card this year:

I used:

Dies:
Memory Box - Deer Trio
My Favorite Things - Inside and Out Stitched Circle
Picket Fence - Merry Christmas Word Topper Die
Un-branded stitched rectangle

Anything else:
Mica Spray
Linen card

What I did:
Die cut out rectangle from linen card, then cut the circle from the rectangle.
Sprayed the mica spray on the card blank.
Die cut the deer out and attached to the back of the rectangle.
Added 3d foam everywhere on the back of the rectangle and deer and fixed to the card blank.
Die-cut the topper x3, stacked them and attached to the front of the card.

et voila, job done!

It's a shame the shimmer on the Mica Spray doesn't show up - it is actually very nice in real life and the linen card gives a lovely texture to the panel.

I fully expect to be back on Copics and 'ordinary' cards as soon as possible, but I can see I will probably end up making a couple more Christmas cards - maybe just a bit closer to Christmas!

Also no waffle today, as not really been an interesting week - just plodding along here doing ordinary everyday stuff.

Signing off now,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

Less is More: #455 - Winter Whites

Addicted to CAS: Challenge #210 - Circle

CAS Christmas Card Challenge: November Challenge - Critters

Just us Girls Challenge: Word Week #609 - Merry







15 comments:

  1. Such a lovely scene, Sarah! Your trio of deer combined with your monochromatic color palette is perfect and I love your shimmery background! Love the font on your sentiment, too ~ Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Sarah, it may not be your 'thing' but you have created a gorgeous card- love the clean simplicity of the design and colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely CAS wintery scene here Sarah. So pretty and that background would look amazing IRL. Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and serene, this is one of my favourite dies and so easy to match with a great background. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous CAS Christmas card and I am going to have to check into this Shimmer spray you speak of! I bet this is gorgeous in real life! Take care and thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls for Word Week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your white on white scene with those beautiful deer. The mica spray on the background is a wonderful touch. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful make, with the subtle background

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah I love your card it is a wonderful CAS style which I always think looks real cool, I am afraid to admit I am not a Christmassy person either even though I make loads of cards they are not for me, lol, well except a couple for the grandchildren, thank you for your comments on my blog so much appreciated
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty with the white on white here Sarah - a lovely deer family in the die cut circle! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful and elegant, Sarah! Love the tone-on-tone and can imagine that shimmer. Beautiful design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your combination of dies and the mica sprayed background is a great touch. I love Christmas but those around me are becoming more and more "meh" about it, so I'm starting to feel the same. Just can't seem to feel festive at the moment. Many thanks for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So elegant in all white! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS and JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. A delightful CAS card! Very stylish and beautifully made! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful wintry scene and I bet the mica really shines IRL xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah