Wednesday, October 20, 2021

What a view

 Good morning blogworld

I think I would rather have the view on my card than the one we have outside of our side windows right now.

We live in old house (built in 1904) and, as we also live in the middle of nowhere, are on a septic tank which is the same age as the house. New guidelines came in a little while ago that make our tank  illegal and hubby has spent the better part of a year waiting for a company to come and put us in a modern tank - this finally happened last week. Obviously they had to dig a very big hole in the garden, put in this big green tank, partially pipe it up and then bury it.  

Result is that part of the garden looks like it's been trampled by giants! Hubby also says no point trying to fix it now, as it's wrong time of year so we will have to live with it until spring.  I'm taking the route of - if I don't look at it, it isn't there!

I will look at the card view and - in real life - the other side of the house!

So nice view on card:


Supplies used:

Rubber stamps:
Image:
Crafty Individuals - Summer Poppy Meadow CI-276

Sentiment:
Altenew - Inked Lotus

Dies:
Poppystamps - Small Madison Arched Window
Creative Expressions - Noble Collection: Double Stitched Rectangles

Anything else:
Copic friendly paper
Copics
Red card

What I did:
Stamped the image onto Copic friendly paper through the discard from the window die and then partially coloured it in.
Di-cut it with the rectangle.
Die-cut out the window frame three times, stacked them and glued on top of the image.
Stamped the sentiment.
Mounted it onto a piece of red card.
Mounted the whole lot onto my card blank.
et, voila, job done!

My main beef with this card is that the image panel is not the same shape as the card blank - it looks off to me.  My problem is that I don't use American sized cards and I just cannot seem to find the right sized stitched rectangle and square dies to give both a base that fits the card blank (whether my 5x5 or DL or top folded blanks) well and leaves a very small border with the next size up die.  I get the feeling I'm never going to find the right die to give the look I'm after. Any suggestions, blogworld?

Anyway, that's it for today folks, be back soon,

Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

CASology - Week 396: View

Retro Rubber Challenge: Challenge #169 - Anything Goes - the stamp used for the view has got to be over 10 years old but I don't know the exact date as it doesn't say.  I can remember buying it at a Stamping Exhibition and I haven't been to one of those in at least seven years!






8 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Sarah- love the partially coloured image the window frame and design, all the white space gives a peaceful tranquil feel to this lovely card.
    Just don't look at the garden!
    As for the card blanks, I just chop a bit off the edge to alter the size, as long as it's not too much it still fits the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a lovely card and it reminds me that I have that window die and haven't used it in a looooong time! Home improvements are always a challenge, but your scene is definitely worth lingering on! Thanks for sharing it with us at Retro Rubber as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fabby view Sarah. Spring will soon be here and the garden can be restored!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sarah and I wouldn't look at your garden either lol definitely the wrong time of year..I'm with Chris I just chop bits off hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sarah. I love the window scene and sentiment. I like the route you are taking...don't look. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Sarah! Love the view through the window. Such a cool creation. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful scene! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah