Monday, October 18, 2021

Hello there

Hello Blogland

Did you notice there was a short transmission break there? I felt very low what with proper Autumn coming in and the start of short dull dreich days and longer nights. It always make me feel pretty miserable so I took a short break until I acclimatised. 

Pleased to report I'm now well on the way to getting used to the dullness, so I'm back and with a card to share!


I used:

Digital Stamp:
Lee Holland Designs  - Teddy Celebration
coloured with Copics

Rubber Stamps:
Catherine Pooler - Happy Birthday Many Ways
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips : Birthdays

Dies:
My Favorite Things - Die-namics : Fishtail Foundations
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips : Well Rounded

Anything Else:
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink
Black card


What I did:

Re-sized and printed the digital stamp onto Copic friendly paper then coloured it in.
Swished some Distress Ink over the bottom of the image. 
Then cut the panel to fit the DL (Slimline) card base I'd made.
I then mounted the panel onto some black card - again cut to fit the card blank.
Attached the stamped and die-cut 'happy birthday' to the image with 3d foam.
Inked the 'let the celebrations begin' stamped and die-cut sentiment with Distress Inks and glued it to the image.
Glued the whole panel and card to the card blank.

et voila, job done!

I'm not too sure about the colouring in the teddy - I was following along with a Kit and Clowder colouring video but I think I need more practice.  To me the teddy looks more like a Highland Cow than a teddy bear!

Signing off now,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Passion for Markers: Week 613 - Make it cute

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge: Week 40 - Anything Goes

Gem of a Craft Challenge: Challenge 21 - Anything Goes

The Paper Players: PP563 - Clean and Simple Challenge

AAA Birthday: Game #30 - A Slimline Card



10 comments:

  1. An adorable card. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous image Sarah and great colouring...I love highland cows LOL hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute little teddy bear. I love that you created an elongated card, it gives your little bear more room to frolic on the card! Such a great creation. So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Sarah.... and it definitely looks like a teddy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your highland cow comment did make me laugh! I think your teddy looks fantastic! Such a sweet image and fabulous card design! Glad you're feeling strong enough to face your dreary days again. I'm the complete opposite! I love the darker, colder, shorter days, and feel hot and uncomfortable when he sun is shining.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh what a sweetie....the colouring looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a darling card Sarah! I love your coloring and how you grounded him! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute little bear and a fab card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww... Your card is adorable. The bear jumping is very cute and beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at AAA Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card and your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining our AAA Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah