Saturday, October 9, 2021

Not Friday?

 Good morning blogland,

Well my plan of posting on Friday evening didn't happen, did it! So here we are back to mornings (but not that early!) and it's Saturday!

I think this card maybe a complete first for me - I can't remember ever making a CAS coloured with Copics only flowers image card before.  I'm very much a character (and more often a cute character) than a floral colouring person. 

I keep telling myself it's good to try new things, that I'm not having an angst ridden, mid-life, crisis of  'just what is my style' moment! I wonder if I will ever settle into a particular 'style' that someone can point at and say, oh yes that's a 'These I Made' card'!! 😀

Anyhooo, card:


Supples used:

Rubber stamps:
Flowers: My Favorite Things - Corner Blooms
coloured with Copics
Sentiment: Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips : Birthday
Corners: Now I think those are a Lili of the Valley stamp set, but I'm not sure as they are very old and I've lost the packaging. So don't take my word for that!

Dies:
Creative Expressions - Noble Collection: Double Stitched Squares
Taylored Expression - Simple Strips : Well Rounded

Anything else:
Copic Fine liner

What I did:

Cut a square of Copic friendly paper with the square die.
Stamped (twice) the Corner Blooms and coloured them in with my Copics.
Stamped the decorative corners in the corners and then drew lines with a fine-liner to make a border,
Took a stamped and cut sentiment added some 3d foam to it and popped it on the image.
Glued the whole lot to a top folded 5x5 square card.

et, voila - job done!

I think I've probably waffled on enough at the beginning of the post, so I'm wandering off now.  Got a day's worth of washing and cleaning to get on with! Oh, and some encouraging 'do your homework, now!" to be done as TTT is off for a postponed days ice-skating trip with a friend tomorrow.

See you soon,
Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Passion for Markers - Week 612 - use red

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge: Week 40 - Anything Goes

Crafty Catz: Challenge #567 - Anything Goes (optional twist - Girly)

Krafty Chicks Challenge: Challenge #580 Week 1 (Stamp Act)

10 comments:

  1. I think it's great to try new styles and techniques- stops us getting bored. I absolutely love this gorgeous card Sarah, the clean design and beautiful flowers showcase your amazing colouring skills perfectly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sarah and you're fab at colouring..hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Sarah, fabulous design and beautifully coloured. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just perfect for the Challenge!
    Great project!
    Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
    Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just perfect for the Challenge!
    Great project!
    Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
    Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card with a classic design. Sweet! Thanks for playing along with us over at Passion for markers this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design and coloring! Great to have a style, but also to be able to create such wonderful work that's out of your normal too! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful design and lovely stamped floral image. Thanks for sharing it with us at Passion for Markers this week.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, different as that might be it is stunning!! You really should do these more often!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz in our Anything Goes Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah