Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Still here!

 Hello Blogland

Yes, I'm still here and making cards - still not managing to get to the blog as often as I would like though!

I will be making more of an effort and wonder if I'm better off posting in the evenings, now it's getting darker - when all there is to do is sit in front of the TV and do nothing! I am by nature a morning person - but my mornings can be busy and I run out of time to sit and work on the lappy.  

Anyway, ramble, ramble - moving on.

These aren't the newest cards I've made (that post is for Friday) but they show how my mojo is having an identity crisis.  I wanted to make a CAS card for a specific blog challenge.  First card is how I started - second card how I finished.  I just felt the first one wasn't really CAS - right colours and idea but too much background.

See what you think:

Card one:


Card two:

Supplies used:

Rubber stamp:
Catherine Pooler - Note of Thanks Stamp Set

Die:
Memory Box - Arboscello Tree

Anything else:
1st card only - nuvo Mica Mist - Antique Gold
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink: fired brick
fine liner to create the flying birds
5"x5" card blanks


What I did:
First card:
Die cut the tree from brown card.
Inked up a card front with the Distress Ink - heavy at the bottom, softer as rising.
Sprayed it with Mica, waited for it to dry, inked and stamped the sentiment on the bottom of the panel.
Glued the die to the panel and drew on some birds.
Mounted the panel on the card front with 3d foam squares.
Done

Second card - OLC:
Die cut the tree from brown card.
Made a circle stencil from scrap card and a circle die, taped that down to the card blank with artist tape and taped off the bottom half of the circle.
Inked through the circle with the Distress Ink, when I took the stencil away I thought it looked too sharp so smoothed out the bottom.
Stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the card.
Glued the tree between the inked panel and sentiment.
Drew on the birds.

et viola, job done

Let me know which you think is the more Clean and Simple card - or even just if you prefer one to t'other! All comments and constructive criticism welcome!

Signing off now,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

 Addicted to CAS: Challenge #207 - Autumn (It's card two I'm entering in the challenge - I felt card one was too much to be CAS).

Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #415 - Die cuts and / or stencils - 1st card is just die-cut and the 2nd both. 

Watercooler Wednesday: WWC326 - Helen's Challenge: All About Occasions





8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I think both of these cards would be classed as CAS Sarah- have to say I'm always well impressed with one layer designs but I really like the first one too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are fab Sarah, I do love trees and leaves...I think they always look clean and fresh.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah!!
    So for my two bobs worth - both CAS, but No 2 slightly moreso....but I love the depth of colours in the first card, so beautiful.
    Have a good day anyway, my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both designs, Sarah but as a big fan of white space, I agree that I think the second one is a wonderful example of a CAS card. Love how your focused colouring draws the eye to that gorgeous tree and the birds add great interest too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah I wanted to visit you to thank you so much for the lovely comments that you left on my blog, my mojo keeps taking days off as well, lol, I have been watching some of Kit & Clowder videos and I believe I have started to improve in some of my colouring but being a perfectionist I will always doubt myself that is how I am but your comment brought me some peace to know that I am not alone, I appreciate so much that you took time to view my blog I hope we will be able to visit each other again. With regard to your CAS style card I personally think both look beautiful in their own way, they are certainly CAS which is a theme I always struggle with, lol.
    Hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful CAS cards Sarah. Love your soft spongin behind your trees. Thanks for joining us at the WWC. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both, they are beautiful ! The CAS design is not perceived the same way by everyone so I would say that both have a CAS design even if the second one is more my type of CAS (lots of blank space, no pattern). Anyway both are gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two stunners Sarah. Such a pretty colour. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah