Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Savvy Shopper

Good morning Blogworld

More long absences from Blogworld, can't account for it really other than I had DT makes to do, which I obviously can't share yet, and just life generally getting in the way.

I've also got a Birthday card to make for one of TTT's friends - whose turning 15! - and that's going to be a difficult one to pass Quality Control! So might still be a bit quiet in old Blogworld, at least until the DT make is shared.

This is the only card I made, and can share, this week - another Clean and Simple that gave me serious thoughts about what I could do. In a way I like the brain ache that comes with CaS it exercises the old grey matter! 

She's a really old stamp - one of the first I brought from Stamping Bella, and as much as I like the stamps they do now (and I really do, you should see how many I have) I still love the original stick girls!



Supplies I used:

Rubber stamps:
Image:
Stamping Bella - savvyshopperbella
coloured with Copics

Sentiment:
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips - Birthday

Dies:
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips - Well Rounded
My Favorite Things - Die-namics: A2 Stitch Rectangles STAX set

Anything else:

Honey Bee stamps - Hexagon Layering stencil
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink

What I did:
Stamped and coloured in, with Copics, Savvyshopperbella on Copic friendly paper, then fussy cut her out.
Found a scrap of card, same as the card blank, which is slightly textured, and inked through the stencil with my Distress Ink then die-cut it out.
Added 3d foam to the back of the image, popped that onto the inked panel. Added 3d foam to the back of the inked panel and popped all the layers onto the card front.
Stamped and die-cut out the sentiment.
Added 3d foam to the sentiment and popped that onto the card front underneath the main panel.

et voila, job done!

Also, while I'm here, I thought I'd mention that TTT is teaching me how to take better selfies and a walk / jog / roller skate on the Prom yesterday evening presented a lovely opportunity for more practicing. So being totally self-indulgent (even more than normal!) here's me and TTT (aka The Troublesome Teen - aka Emily!!).



That's it for now folks,
Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

Less is More: #452 Hexagons

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge: Week 37 - Anything Goes

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: C #`166 - Anything Goes




7 comments:

  1. It's a brilliant card Sarah- great stamp and I love your clean design- all that white space! The stencilled border looks fabulous and adds interest.
    Lovely photo of you and your girl :))
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous selfie of the both of you. Pleased to see you enjoying the extended summer that we are currently enjoying. I am on Annual Leave next week so it's bound to rain!! That's a terrific card Sarah, love the sassy Miss and the stencilled panel looks great too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great stamp and I love your colouring. The hexagon down the side are a great touch, perfect for our challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Sarah and great colouring! and I love the selfie of you and TTT :))) The dies I used are Go Kreate dies...hugs Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely, classy C.A.S card - very trendy and I'm sure it will be very well received! Thanks for entering this into our challenge this time, at the Colour Crazy Challenge - Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card!! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge! DT Candace

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah