Friday, September 17, 2021

Just drifting by

 Good morning blogworld,

So now I've recovered from the dream inducing very CaS card - I thought I'd move on and do something different.  Well that plan didn't work! I seem to be in a 'no patterned paper'  and 'degrees of CAS' mode at the minute.  I wonder if my paper pads now feel as neglected as my Copics did last week?

I think I must still be looking for my 'style', I feel I flit from one over embellished card (although the last time I did one of those was before my carding break) to a barely there card, with a pit stop at every point in between. 

Anyway, meandering over - onto card.

Card:


Supplies used:

Digital stamp:
Lee Holland Designs - Panda on Balloon
coloured with my Copics

Rubber stamp:
Catherine Pooler - Happy Birthday Many Ways

Anything Else:
Various Tom Holtz Distress Inks for the background
masking tape.


What I did:

I printed off the digi stamp onto Copic friendly paper, coloured him/her? in and fussy cut out.
Masked off a frame on a card blank and, using a home made stencil and some torn paper, created a cloudy skill and hills background. Then removed the masking tape.
Added some 3d foam pads to back of the panda image and popped it onto the clouds background.
Inked up my sentiment stamps and stamped in the corner of the background.

et voila, job done!


In some ways I think I could have used a better sentiment, but as I had fun making the background, I'll be using this way of making backgrounds again so will have a think about what it should say for next time.

For now, I'm signing off, 
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

Passion for Markers: Week 609 - something beginning with 'B' - Balloon, (Panda) Bear - not sure if they are actually just Panda's (like Koala's) or Panda Bears so might be stretching there!- Background, Birthday!

CASology: Week 395: ONE - one balloon, one bear (see above for what type of bear!!!)

The Cutie Pie Challenge: #163 - 10th Birthday! I still can't believe it's been 10 years of The Cuties, doesn't time fly!  Loved my time on the DT and so glad you are still going strong!

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #577 - CAS

8 comments:

  1. I think it's great to try different styles- stops you from getting bored! This CAS style showcases your beautiful colouring- love that background too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adorable card. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect CAS card and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This ballon flying panda is adorable, Sarah! Love the background! Thanks for sharing with Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful card Sarah it's totally adorable hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable cas card Sarah. I love the soft sky for this sweet image. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card, soft colours ,and adorable panda what more is there to say !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah