Saturday, September 25, 2021

It's very difficult

 typing with closed eyes!

Good morning Blogworld

It's time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' and this time the theme is Christmas in September! So we'd like to see all your Christmas themed makes and remember it doesn't have to be a card but it does need to have some stamping on it somewhere!

Now the meaning of my title - I'm neither a fan of Christmas starting too early in the year or of making Christmas cards.  So this actually was a proper challenge!!  To be totally honest with you, my bloggy friends, this is the first time I've made a Christmas card for 7 years, maybe nearer to 8.

Still it's a good job I'd been thinking about whether to make Christmas cards this year and had treated myself to some new themed stamps - otherwise I'd have been stumped. Or you'd have seen a re-hash of some very old ideas!

Anyways, after that big build up - here's my card for the challenge:


Supplies:

Rubber stamp:
Stamping Bella - Penguins Bearing Gifts (I only used one from the set of three)
coloured with Copics

Dies:
Un-branded alphabet die

Anything else:
E-Bosser embossing folder
Silver Miri card

What I did:
Stamped and coloured in, with Copics, one image from the set of three and then fussy cut him/her? out.
Die-cut letters from silver Mirri card.
Embossed a piece of card slightly smaller than card itself.
Arranged the die-cut letters and coloured stamp to spell 'NOEL' then attached them to the embossed panel with 3d foam.
Mounted the embossed card onto a square of Mirri card, then attached the whole lot to the card blank.

et voila, job done!

Would love you to pop over to Sweet Stampin' and see the much better job my Teamies have done! Then maybe join in with us - we're a friendly lot and would love to see what you can make.

Signing off now,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Addicted to Stamps and More!: Challenge #414 - Any Occasion

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #578 - All Occasions

Di's Digi Challenge: Favourite Colour Combination (Reds/Blues)

7 comments:

  1. Well Sarah, you may not have been keen on making this card but I have to say you've made a brilliant job of it! It's a beautiful design, the little penguin is a cutie a lovely pop of colour against the embossed white background.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very cute design Sarah, great colouring and the embossed background looks fabulous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, such a cute penguin and love the shiny letters. Thank you for joining us at Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sarah. Such a sweet image and I do like all the white. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Christmas card, Sarah. Your little penguin is just adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely card Sarah and that penguin is so cute lol hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card! The penguin is adorable! Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope to see you again very soon! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah