Friday, September 10, 2021

Oooh, I'm terrible

 Hello Blogland,

Anybody else who has a significant other who remembers their Wedding Anniversary when you don't??

That's me folks! I'm better at birthdays, terrible at anniversaries.

So this would've been the anniversary card I made for the Hubby - but it's about a week late, so I'm not bothering now.  I'll probably put it to one side for next year, but making sure I don't put it with the bar of chocolate that got brought for TTT one year as a Christmas present and has totally vanished!!

Hubby's not into cutesy stuff - which I normally make (when I remember) as a joke card for him. This is definitely more his style, even with the pink.  He's not afraid of pink!!

Card:



Trying to get the shine / shimmer / glitter:



How I made it:

Die-cut out a Memory Box die (Heart Ensemble) from sparkly pink-ish card (left in a couple of the hearts - it should be all outlines).
Took a black card base, masked off two thirds of the card and sprayed the lower third with Cosmic Shimmer.
Placed the pre-printed sentiment inside the die-cut - shuffled it around a bit until I was happy with the look and then 3d foam'd it all onto card blank.

et voila, job done!
(Took longer to get a good picture of it than it took to make!)
Signing off now,
See you later,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Allsorts Challenge: Week 640 - Anything Goes (option for the love of your life)

Less is More: #451 - Sparkle

Watercooler Wednesday: WWC324 - All About Occasions

Creative Craft Cottage: #144 - Anything but a Square


10 comments:

  1. One year both, hubby and I forgot about our anniversary. Too funny! One of us (probably me) remembered about 2 weeks later. We haven't forgotten since!
    Your card is beautiful, love the black and white color combo with the golden shimmer.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing make, just don't put it away and forget about it

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a stunning card Sarah- I hope hubby gets to enjoy it...one day! I'm terrible at remembering anniversaries but usually do remember ours! :)))
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sparkly card Sarah, love the pretty hearts too! Thanks for sharing with LIM ;) Viv GD xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card Sarah don't forget to give it to him next year LOL ..it's our anniversary on the 17th September so I need to get a shift on hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put it somewhere safe (but not too safe!!) and set a reminder on your computer/phone!! I am sure he's forgiven you and would have loved it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ! Love the golden shimmer over the black card, just perfect to highlight the pink hearts. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at LIM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! The gold shimmer against the black looks very opulant. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, the shimmer sprayed on black looks fabulous, must try and remember to give that a go! Thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this card. Thanks for entering you card at Creative Craft Cottage
    Toffe kaart. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Creative Craft Cottage
    hugs
    Claudia
    DT Creative Craft Cottage
    https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah