Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Not quite Monday, nor Wednesday either

Or morning, come to that! So not quite routine yet, but getting there.

Good afternoon blogworld,

As you can see school went back - yay - but not on Monday - boo - that was reserved for the new Year 7s. Poor things didn't get an Induction day, while they were still Year 6s, due to Covid-19 restrictions. This meant that only Yrs 7, 8 and 6th Formers went back on Monday to allow the little 'uns to have some time being shown about by the older lot before the rest of the school swamped them! Not that it's a big school - there are around 500 and something pupils - but a lot of the Primaries around here are small so, to some children, it will seem very daunting.  I know it did for TTT - who is now in Yr 10!

Thinking about TTT back in school I have to re-assure myself I'm not a bad mother for being pleased about it. I'd always said if I had kids I wouldn't be the one celebrating schools' return - but here I am! To be fair she does enjoy school and, as we are just us three, doesn't get to see many people during the holidays. So for her going back to school means seeing her wider circle of friends not just that I get my 'me' time and routines back. So I know I'm not a terrible mother as happy daughter = happy mother!

And, waffle over! Onto card:

I have no reason at all to make this card, it was done purely to start joining in again with challenges after struggling to find the time during the Summer holiday.

Here you go:


Supplies used:

Digital stamps:
Image:
AlexShopsArt :The image doesn't have a name that I can find, but is under Owls and Birds
(I added a link as it was a new Etsy shop to me and I do like to pass on buying opportunities!)
Coloured with Copics

Sentiment:
LoTV: Everything Gets Better

Rubber stamp:
Kanban: Urban Belles - Birthday
I used a small 'Birthday Girl' sentiment from the set

This is what I did:

Imported the digi stamp and sentiment into a Word document to re-size them for the square card blank.
Added a double frame with the shapes options in Word and printed onto Copic friendly paper.
Coloured in the image and added the small rubber stamp under the larger digital sentiment stamp.
Cut to size, popped onto some 3d foam squares, mounted the panel onto the card blank.

et viola, job done!

Not the most elaborate of cards, but a good start back with the Copics after neglecting them recently.

So I hope everyone else in blogland is as good as they can be and are happy being creative - I know I am!

Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

As You Like It: Favourite Wild Animal (&why) - Well I don't really have a favourite wild animal but we are very lucky to see owls where we live.  They aren't regular visitors but regular occasional ones and I do love seeing them swooping along the hedgerows - such elegant creatures.

Crafty Catz Challenge: #562 - Anything Goes (with option for a Child)

Cute Card Thursday: Challenge 692 - Anything Goes

Seize the Birthday: #222 - Use Pastel Colours

7 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card for a special someone, hope your daughter enjoys the new term, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sarah and it's always nice to have some 'Me' time take care hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a gorgeous card Sarah and a super cute owl. We hear them calling to each other at night so they must be about in our trees but we've never seen them. Thank you so much for sharing this card with us at AYLI xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous cas card and I love your owl. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one darling image, Sarah and great coloring too! So happy you decided to pick Seize the Birthday to play along with! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet owl girl! Beautifully colored for our pastel Topping! Thank you so much for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute image, lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz Challenge Janet GDT.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah