Wednesday, September 15, 2021

3rd attempt lucky!

I know, I know, it should be third time lucky - but this works better with the story!

Hello blogland,

So a near total lack of posting again this week, mostly due to trying to get this blooming card right! Flexing my Clean and Simple muscles again, but my goodness this one did not want to come together.  I even dreamt about it and it distracted me while I was doing my exercises - neither of which normally happens.

Anyway we got there eventually and, although still not 100% happy with it, it's something like the idea in my head.


Supplies used:

Rubber stamps:
Image:
Altenew - Peony Bouquet
Sentiment:
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips: Birthday

Die:
Taylored Expressions - Simple Strips: Well Rounded

What I did:
Stamped the leaves and berries from Peony Bouquet in an arrangement that I liked in the corner - as shown onto a card mount.  You can't see from the picture but the mount is linen card.
Then stamped and die-cut sentiment and added it to the card with 3d foam squares for dimension.
Glued the  panel onto a square of coloured card and then glued that onto the card blank.

et voila, job done!

I'm back to stamping, colouring and not dreaming about cards now! 

Hope everyone in blogland are doing well and happy.

Signing off now,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Addicted to CAS: Challenge #206 Leaf

AAA Cards: CAS Game#198 Up to one third and optional twist - leaves


Double D Challenges: Leaves

9 comments:

  1. A perfect CAS card Sarah- beautiful stamping and lovely soft colours.
    Hope you sleep well tonight!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, love the subtle colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! This is terrific and so easy on the eyes. Great color scheme. I am so glad that you shared it with us at Double D Challenge, Leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sarah I think it's simply BEAUTIFUL! I know it gave you a hard time but I'm so glad you stuck with it! AWESOME design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Leaves’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning CAS card Sarah love the colours hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty CAS card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a really pretty card Sarah! I love that you went with a subtler autumn palette with these pale pinks and greens and the layout is great with the stamping confined to the corner. Thank you for coming to play with us at Addicted to CAS. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty use of pastel colors -- lovely card. Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I feel your pain. I've had cards like that, too! However, it did come together in the end and the pastel colors are gorgeous. so glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah