Monday, September 27, 2021

Dreams

Good afternoon blogland,

Hmmm, routine out the window yet again!

Now we have a TTT off school with a cold and chesty cough, but feeling better and going to school tomorrow.  A Hubby who is just starting with said cold and feels terrible.  A Me who, so far, fingers crossed, is absolutely fine!  We've all done PCR tests and come back negative so I can cheerfully say it's just plain, old fashioned colds, not Covid.

Not surprised she's caught cold though, there are so many with coughs and sneezes at school, and they've not really mixed a huge amount over the last year or so - so ripe fields for colds to be passed around.  She's also a good kid really is TTT, even when she was feeling rotten on Friday she still did some homework that could be electronically handed in! 

Anyway, all this means - again - interrupted day-time crafting.  Still I managed to carve out a bit of 'me' time on Saturday when TTT was sleeping and Hubby was feeling rough and this is what I made:

Am not over impressed with my hair colouring - something about black hair defeats 9 times out of 10.  More practice, me thinks!


Supplies used:

Digital Stamp:
Saturated Canary - Fall Angel
coloured with Copics

Papers:
First Edition - New Leaf
Prima - Doodle Deux

Anything else:
Piece of ribbon
bit of bling
metal word charm
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink

What I did:

Printed out the Digi onto Copic friendly paper and coloured her in with Copics. 
Inked around the edges of the panel with some Distress Inks.
Added a bit of bling and a word charm then mounted the whole lot onto a bit of black card and trimmed. 
Took at card blank and, with the fold at the top, added two bits of patterned paper to the front, then covered the join with a piece of ribbon.
Mounted the coloured and inked panel on the front of the card with 3d foam.

et voila, job done!

I will, no doubt be back towards the end of the week - when I've had some time to colour (and assuming I don't come down with the dreaded cold!).

Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge /s:

Passion for Markers: Week 610 - International Day of Peace (hope Angel wings are OK in the rules?)

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge: Week 38 - Anything Goes

As You Like It Challenge: Favourite: Autumn or Winter - hmmmmm, to be honest Summer!!  However, if I had to pick it would probably be Autumn as it's still Summer like right into late September and there's no frost or freeze to make me shiver.  I really do not like being cold!!

Dream Valley Challenges: Challenge #255 - 2 or more Patterned Papers



8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Sarah. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't catch the cold Sarah! Fab card your colouring is great ..I would love to spend more time with my copics but time is alluding me lately lol hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of paper and I love the simple design of this Saturated Canary card, Sarah!
    I tend to avoid black hair colouring for the very same reason - 9 times out of 10 it's a case of must try harder! Although I don't think you did a bad job at all...
    Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Passion for Markers this week! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Sarah. Hope your family recover soon and fingers crossed you haven’t caught the bug. Good news that the Covid tests came back negative. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely image, it's nice to see a Saturated Canary stamp, these are always such a pleasure to colour- I agree about the black hair, always difficult to colour, love your colour choice and the clean design. I think coughs and clds are going to a real problem in schools this winter- 3 out of my 4 granddaughters have had them already and it's not October yet. Hope you stay healthy!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds funny to say, but so glad it's just a cold. Love your beautiful card, the fall colors are just perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just perfect for the Challenge!
    Great project!
    Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
    Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for joining in with your favourite season at AYLI. This is a gorgeous make and we really appreciate you taking up the challenge. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Squirrel x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah