Tuesday, August 31, 2021

In other news...

 Hello blogworld,

Wow two posts in one week - a sure sign the school holidays are nearly over!  TTT goes back to school a week today and then I get my routines and calm back.  Is always nice to have her at home, but it's even nicer to get some routine back into our lives.

Do I hear you asking what have you been up to whilst not keeping old bloggy blog up to date?  Or  maybe not, maybe you are all about the cards - which is fine.  So if it's just cards, that's next, if it's cards and a little of life chez Sarah keeping going to the end.

So cards first.  Here's one I made as a thank you for the cat sitters, not my usual style but not only did I fancy trying something new - I was also pretty sure they'd like a flower themed card.

Card:


What I used and how I used it:

Altenew - Peony Bouquet stamp and Floral Ink Set
Memory Box die - thank you script
Square card mount.

I stamped one Peony in various inks, to build the flower, onto my card mount then masked the image off while I repeated the same steps twice - one flower either side of the original.  Then picked two of the leaf stamps and randomly stamped them around the flowers - mostly to try and hide any gaps.

Die-cut out the 'thank you' three times - x2 in white and x1 in black.  Stacked them with the black on top then stuck them to the card mount.

et voila

Now I need to talk to my Copics and tell them that, even though I enjoyed stamping this way and will do it again, I still love them and I will be back!

Meanwhile, outside of crafting.  You recall the never to be mentioned birthday - well it had to be mentioned one last time as we had a very belated midweek London shopping / theatre trip to celebrate.  Oh, and also because TTT is into Manga and Anime and wanted to go to London - to 'proper' shops! So we hit Camden Lock, via the Emirates Cable Car over the Thames, and central London for a couple of Anime / Manga / Comic book shops. We also took in my old stomping ground of Lakeside and Ikea in Thurrock and Beckton on the way home.  Fairly well shopped out!!

We did this:


And this (inside):

(outside)
My little family:


Oh, and finally, the cute little car is my 'new' car. Not part of the birthday bash, just because I cannot park the beast next to it and I've complained about it for a good year!


There you go, hope you liked that little look into life outside of blogging.

Signing off now,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Allsorts Challenge Blog: Week 639 - CAS (Clean and Simple)

The Paper Players: PP556 - Tic-tac-Toe (square card, die-cut / punch, florals)

Addicted to CAS: Challenge #205 - Nature (Now I'm not sure my card is strictly CAS, I feel the flowers might be too much, but leave it up to you to make a final decision



7 comments:

  1. Firstly gorgeous card Sarah I absolutely love it! and so happy you got away to London!! hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Sarah! The stacked die cut sentiment is striking. I LOVE how you colored the florals. I'm sure your Copics will forgive you. Your car is so cute, by the way. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty with that gorgeous stamp set and beautiful CAS design! And looks like you had a fabulous time in London!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely design for a pretty floral creation, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts CAS theme this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Those blossoms fit the corner of a square layout perfectly and the delicateness of the sentiment die cut balances the other corner so well! I'm sure it was appreciated by the cat sitters! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what beautiful florals - I love the classic, pink and whit4 main color scheme. I bet they loved it - cat sitters deserve thanks and I know ours would have loved this card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! I love the layers of color and the square design. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah