Saturday, July 17, 2021

I'm officially..

an oldie newbie (or should that be a oldbie newbie or a newbie oldie or oldbie newbie - the permutations could go on for awhile) Sweetie!

Whatever the case this is my Design Team post for the new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' Challenge. It's not my Teams' turn but I'd been playing around with some re-discovered (for that read dug out of a cupboard) crafting things and made something that met this fortnights theme.

Ahh yes the theme - this fortnight we are going with Create your own background - the Sweeties  have made some wonderful creations and, as I always was and always will be, am super impressed with them all.  Please pop on over to have a look and maybe even join in yourselves?

So this is my contribution. As I said I was playing around with Tim Holtz Distress Inks, dies and a stamp. This is the end result:


I used:

Stamps:
(Rubber)
Bird on branch - no idea! Had it ages, lost the packet and no clue who made it.
Sentiment - There She Goes Clear Stamp : Angel Mail

Dies:
Memory Box - Prim Poppy
Creative Expressions - Noble Collection : Double Stitched Rectangles

Anything else:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Versamark Ink

What I did:

I used a spare piece of card and inked it with a few different Distress Inks, put to one side. 
Die cut out the poppy three times and stacked them together, put that to one side. 
Took a piece of card slightly smaller than my card front and offset the die to cut an aperture.
Stuck the inked piece of card to the opening made in the card mount then stamped the bird and sentiment in Versamark onto it.
Took the stacked poppies and stuck them to the card mount.
Mounted the whole lot with 3d foam squares onto the card blank.
Et Voila!

Phew! Enough words for now I think!
So, signing off,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Creative Fingers Challenge: Challenge #212 - Anything Goes

Krafty Chicks Challenge: #568 - CAS

Happy Little Stampers: July Anything Goes with Dies

The Creative Crafters: Challenge #42

6 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah this card is fab!!! hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Sarah, lovely background, love how you've framed your inky background, the elegant poppy die cut and your perfect stamping.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah it's just me again LOL I was wondering if you would like to join our Design Team at https://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/ Chris is also on it and it's a monthly challenge let me know if you are interested!!! hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card with the washed color background. Love it! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Sarah. Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Creative Crafters Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Wendy DT Member for https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the prim poppy!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    DT for AG with Dies
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah