Monday, July 19, 2021

Something different

Good morning blogworld,

Firstly I'd like to say a big warm hello and welcome to my new followers - must feel like you've joined a very select club!! Am gradually inflicting my brand of overshare and waffle on the world though :-)

And so onto the main event - the card! I discovered something new to me last week, the eclipse technique.  From the tutorials I've watched it appears it was a big 'thing' a few years ago, which would have been while I was having a break from crafting and so why it's a 'new' technique to me.

I really liked the look of it, but don't have the big floral stamps that I saw most people using, neither did I want to do Christmas cards. I also only had a couple of word dies that I thought would work with the technique and no alphabet dies. Therefore I decided to have a look around at what I did have and have a play.

This is what I made:



I used:

Stamp (rubber)
Penny Black - Brush Lilies (it says 2005 on the stamp! eek!)
Catherine Pooler - All Around Wishes: birthday

Dies:
Sunny Studio - Happy

Anything else:
Various makes / shades of ink

I'm sure I don't need to explain how to do the eclipse technique - it must be only me who'd never heard of it! Am mostly happy with how the card turned out and will be sharing more in my next post, with one card I particularly liked.

Anyhow, that's it from me for today - am off now to try and exercise in this heat and not melt away into a puddle on the floor!

Have a good day,

Signing off,

Sarah


Challenge /s:

Fab 'n' Funky: #532 - CAS with options

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge: C#162 - Anything Goes

Alphabet Challenge Blog: H is for 'Happy'

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sarah, fabulous technique, love those misty blues with the subtle stamped flower, a beautiful design. Great to try new techniques...and use older stamps.
    Hope you haven't melted!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely Sarah gorgeous design and colours hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Sarah, lovely colour choice. I remember trying this technique a few years ago, I’m sure it was called something like Steganography then. Lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this pretty eclipse card! The ombre background is wonderful for this technique. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, love the soft shade of blue, a perfect example of the eclipse technique! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, great use of the colour option.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.
    Buffy (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Craft Friends Challenge!! DT Candace

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah