Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Dancing in the rain

 Hello blogworld,

More like running in the rain for me - although I enjoy dancing I wouldn't really want anyone watching me make an idiot of myself (much the same as with singing). As for gardening, well, nope, I am not a good gardener - I pull up weeds! 

Running, though, that I can do through most weather, apart from wild winds as that blows sand into face which is not a nice experience!

Anyways, the point of this ramble is - there is no point, it was just started off due to the card I made. Again experimenting with colouring my own backgrounds.  I know it's going to take practice, but I'm actually enjoying the process. Also this one was made specifically to a challenge theme - haven't paper pieced in ages and fancied giving it a go.

The card:


I used:

Stamp:
(rubber) Stamping Bella - Uptown girl Lolly and her brolly
(both image and sentiment)
coloured with Copics

Dies:
Whimsy Stamps - Slimline Zig Zag Edger 

Patterned Paper:
Allsorts - spotty paper
not sure for the raincoat - it was a scrap

Anything else:
Green cardstock


And that's nearly it folks! Got a week left of school term making the most of the peace, as after school breaks who knows what will happen :-)

Signing off,
Sarah

Challenge/s:

Passion for Markers: Challenge 600 - dies or punches

The Cutie Pie Challenge: #161 - Paper Piece It

Crafty Sentiments Challenge: Anything Goes


8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful card in our challenge this week at Passion for Markers.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sarah hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stamp and that fabulous rainy background- great paper- piecing too!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Sarah, lovely paper piecing and far nicer than gardening...it's soooooo overrated!! Lovely to see you at The Cutie Pies. So, my bike is just a proper bike, it has gears, which I am mastering and a bell, which is most exciting!! We are getting more acquainted now xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Sarah. I would a pair of wellies like these...and the matching brolly too!!! Your background colouring is looking great, by the by

    Thank you so much for playing along with us Cuties, lovely to see you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Sarah! Love your rainy background and fabulous paper piecing of that sweet Stamping Bella girl!
    Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week! Lisa x
    PS...I'll do your gardening if you do my running for me?! I tried the couch to 5K and ended up on Naproxen for a fortnight due to dodgy knees! Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card Sarah. I love the SB image and your colouring is perfect. Great paper piecing and love the zig zag border. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, love the paper pieced spotty wellies and matching umbrella. Thanks for sharing wit us at Cutie Pie.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah