Monday, July 5, 2021

Beachward bound

Hello Blogworld,

Well that was another unintended break - no idea what happened other than I just sat down to write this post and realised it's been a week!

I could blame it on being busy trying to take the colouring up a level and colour both my own backgrounds / scenes and using digi images to build scenes - so was busy crafting instead of blogging. Or I could blame it on just not realising time was marching by.  Hmmm, wonder which it will be!

So onto card and onto my first attempt at making my own background. The image and sentiment are stamped but everything else is freehand.  Overall am pleased with it but, as always, can do with improvement which comes with practice.  Also doesn't help that I created my own unique Copic colour by re-filling a pen with the wrong colour! Still upside is that I'll have to go get a new pen (or two!) now.

So card:


 I used:

Stamps:
Some Odd Girl - Beachy Tia
Whimsy Stamps - Fantabulous

Coloured with Copics

Dies:
Pretty Pink Posh - Scalloped Borders 1
Creative Expressions - Noble Collection Double Stitched Rectangles

Anything else:
Anna Marie Designs - Stripe Paper
string from my stash

I will be sharing attempt number two at creating a background during the week - how exciting!! 😉

That's me signing off now,
See you soon,
Sarah

Challenge / s:

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge: Week 26 - Anything Goes

Allsorts Challenge Blog: Week 631 - Sea, Sun, Sand

Gem of A Craft Challenge: Challenge 14 - Anything Goes

Cute Card Thursday: Challenge 690 - Anything Goes (optional summer theme)

7 comments:

  1. wow! That's a great background you created for that adorable stamp. Love the whole effect. Thanks for taking part in my theme at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks lovely and great colouring, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Summer time card love the scene you have created and that image is so cute, thank you for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great cloudy sky for the sweet image, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Sun, Sea and Sand' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is certainly a time thief about Sarah. I can hardly believe that half the year has passed, it only seems like yesterday that the christmas trimmings were put away!! Anyway, your scene is wonderful, you clever thing and that sweet image looks pretty happy to be there!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Challenge 14 at Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great - something I definitely couldn't do!

    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Crazy Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me and thank you for leaving a comment, it is very kind of you! Sarah